Nas & DJ Premier - Define My Name (new single out now, album releasing later this year)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Grammy deadline is Aug 30th, I think. I only bring that up because every album with Hit-Boy (except for Magic) was released before the Grammy deadline.

I don’t think this is dropping in time for Grammys this year and i’m saying that simply because I don’t think Nas is going surprise drop this particular album, I think he’s going to promote it a little bit more than the Magic albums.

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
I don’t think this is dropping in time for Grammys this year and i’m saying that simply because I don’t think Nas is going surprise drop this particular album, I think he’s going to promote it a little bit more than the Magic albums.

It's been radio silence since releasing "Define My Name". They could've easily dropped studio pics here and there during the past 4 months to build hype. The fact that they didn't, leads me to believe Nas isn't switching up his marketing (or lack thereof) approach for this album. Plus, would be kind of "disrespectful" (for lack of a better term) towards HitBoy if he decided to do a full promo tour with Premo, after never doing one with Hit.

ROBEEZYKILLA

the coli soulja
Daps
Reppin
dallas,tx
Although I know my expectations will exceed whatever the final product is I at least hope there 1 or 2 tracks that are timeless ala 2nd childhood or nas is like

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps

He should.

LL might not sell a ton of records, but his roll out is on fuhking point

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
He should.

LL might not sell a ton of records, but his roll out is on fuhking point

Same with the Common/Pete Rock one. I want to see Nas and Premo do some joint interviews, have fun, maybe do the NPR Tiny Desk together.

The one thing I'm curious about is that Nas already has his tour booked solo. I would have assumed he'd wait to finish the album and then go on tour with Premo. Maybe the plan is to tour next year?

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Same with the Common/Pete Rock one. I want to see Nas and Premo do some joint interviews, have fun, maybe do the NPR Tiny Desk together.

The one thing I'm curious about is that Nas already has his tour booked solo. I would have assumed he'd wait to finish the album and then go on tour with Premo. Maybe the plan is to tour next year?
Nas already has a Tiny Desk that they never used. I doubt he goes there again.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yea Nas is booked through like November 10th. Maybe we are looking at a November or December release?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Yea Nas is booked through like November 10th. Maybe we are looking at a November or December release?

Makes sense, 4th quarter. It's gonna be a busy period for big albums but Nas/Premo is gonna make a mark regardless. My hope is they have some dope ass cover art because that vinyl is gonna sell out FAST if it drops in November/December in time for the holidays.