Nas & DJ Premier - Define My Name (new single out now, album releasing later this year)

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think that’s around the same time the Kings Disease album dropped. Hopefully not a longer wait but we might get another single before hand.
He starts his tour in October. So I can see August. Although most don’t care about the Grammys as fans artist do. The Grammy deadline in August 30th this year.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
He starts his tour in October. So I can see August. Although most don’t care about the Grammys as fans artist do. The Grammy deadline in August 30th this year.

Every Kings Disease album was nominated so I don’t see why Nas wouldn’t go for the 4-Peat and it would also be Premier’s first Grammy nom so makes sense from a cultural and business perspective

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
all this b*tchin and crying about a song that'll probably wont even make the final cut of the album. Obviously they ain't gonna put the BEST material out first, this is just a warm up joint like Preemo did with Royce on those PRhyme albums. Incredible how under a microscope Nas is TILL THIS DAY. Def a Gift and Curse, and furthermore solidifies him as the GOAT! Also, this is living proof that yall ain't ever happy about what Nas does period! Some of us already knew what the reaction would be if Nas ever worked with Preme on album and this is just a taste on how much nitpicking this man gets. I'ma enjoy the album when it drops and know exactly what to expect, GREAT BEATS and GREAT RHYMES!

If preme switched up and start producing like some of these modern producers, all hell would BREAK LOOSE and this site would crash and burn (not in a good way), so lets be real here, what EXACTLY do you want out of Preme?? :pacspit:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
People forget that back in the “day” artists, ESPECIALLY Nas, were notorious for what was once known as “The Street Single”. These were songs that were meant to wet the appetites of fans while the artist was in album mode. A teaser so to speak. Sometimes the street single would gain traction and be included on the final tracklisting and sometimes it would gain just enough buzz for some mixtape inclusions and DJ Spins. Nas does this often. The General was the street single for Stillmatic. Where Ya’ll At was the street single for Hip Hop Is Dead. Be A ****** Too was the street single for Untitled. Nasty was the street single for Life Is Good. The only one of these songs that ended up the actual album was Nasty and that was only on the Deluxe Edition.

Define My Name is dope to me personally, but I think its clear this song was meant to be a celebration of Illmatic 30, a gift to fans, and an announcement that the long awaited, mythical, mystical, monumental collab album between the greatest lyricist of all time and a top 5 ranked producer was indeed happening. This is the STREET single. We should all enjoy it as such and not necessarily as a clue of the sonic direction Nas and Preme will take with the album.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People forget that back in the “day” artists, ESPECIALLY Nas, were notorious for what was once known as “The Street Single”. These were songs that were meant to wet the appetites of fans while the artist was in album mode. A teaser so to speak. Sometimes the street single would gain traction and be included on the final tracklisting and sometimes it would gain just enough buzz for some mixtape inclusions and DJ Spins. Nas does this often. The General was the street single for Stillmatic. Where Ya’ll At was the street single for Hip Hop Is Dead. Be A ****** Too was the street single for Untitled. Nasty was the street single for Life Is Good. The only one of these songs that ended up the actual album was Nasty and that was only on the Deluxe Edition.

Define My Name is dope to me personally, but I think its clear this song was meant to be a celebration of Illmatic 30, a gift to fans, and an announcement that the long awaited, mythical, mystical, monumental collab album between the greatest lyricist of all time and a top 5 ranked producer was indeed happening. This is the STREET single. We should all enjoy it as such and not necessarily as a clue of the sonic direction Nas and Preme will take with the album.
I bet these same folks hating on this hated on Ultra Black too.