Nas & DJ Premier - Define My Name (new single out now, album releasing later this year)

Headcase

The Angry Young Man
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
I figured out what bothered me about this beat: it's the same two sample chops repeated endlessly, no change up or nothing. That's why it sounds so monotonous. Hopefully the rest of the beats on the album are chopped better and have more of a melodic sound to them.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bucket list features that I think would be perfect to cover every base

12 or 13 tracks

1 - rae, ghost method man on one song. This would bring even more excitement nostalgia for older hip hop heads.

2 - Griselda on one song. This is more of the new wave of hip hop that the older generation would still appreciate because they have that gritty traditional sound.

3 - j cole one song. Out of all of the rappers in his lane. He is one that could bring that traditional rap style and also bring in new young listeners with streams/ears.

Nas can carry the rest dolo as usual.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tyler’s favorite Nas album is Streets Disciple
If you take the 10 best records from SD and just make that the album, that shh would be 5 mics, 😳…or at least close. It’s too much leftovers/shoulda been scrapped joints on there f’n up the bop.

1. Street’s Disciple
2. Thief’s Theme
3. War
4. Remember The Times
5. Nazareth Savage
6. These Are Our Heroes
7. Sekou Story
8. Just a Moment
9. Suicide Bounce
10. Message To The FEDS

Bonus: Yall Know My Style

🤯🔥🔥😳😳. Nas is so creative and broad conceptually/content wise that it’s probably fun sequencing his albums lol, I just had fun doing this. It’s not like his peers where pretty much every song has the same exact direction/content…with Nas you can go into different vibes/moods every 2 or so songs. Shhit like Stillmatic, literally every single song is different.

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps

12 or 13 tracks

1 - rae, ghost method man on one song. This would bring even more excitement nostalgia for older hip hop heads.

2 - Griselda on one song. This is more of the new wave of hip hop that the older generation would still appreciate because they have that gritty traditional sound.

3 - j cole one song. Out of all of the rappers in his lane. He is one that could bring that traditional rap style and also bring in new young listeners with streams/ears.

You forgot Millennium Thug.

Honestly would be cool to hear a posse cut with 90s legends over Premier, maybe Jay-Z because he hasn't had a Premier beat since the 90s.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

12 or 13 tracks

These are all good choices but personally, unless there are going to be some mind melting features, i’d like to see Nas hold this particular album down dolo. I feel like KD3 might’ve been a test of sorts for thay sort of thing and he passed with FLYING colors.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

12 tracks

These are all good choices but personally, unless there are going to be some mind melting features, i’d like to see Nas hold this particular album down dolo. I feel like KD3 might’ve been a test of sorts for thay sort of thing and he passed with FLYING colors.
Oh yea I wouldn’t be mad at no features either. The marketing side of me always come into play when it comes creating that moment of excitement. I can just picture the vibe of a released tracklist with those features. Especially if executed properly.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you take the 10 best records from SD and just make that the album, that shh would be 5 mics, 😳…or at least close. It’s too much leftovers/shoulda been scrapped joints on there f’n up the bop.

1. Street’s Disciple
2. Thief’s Theme
3. War
4. Remember The Times
5. Nazareth Savage
6. These Are Our Heroes
7. Sekou Story
8. Just a Moment
9. Suicide Bounce
10. Message To The FEDS

Bonus: Yall Know My Style

🤯🔥🔥😳😳. Nas is so creative and broad conceptually/content wise that it’s probably fun sequencing his albums lol, I just had fun doing this. It’s not like his peers where pretty much every song has the same exact direction/content…with Nas you can go into different vibes/moods every 2 or so songs. Shhit like Stillmatic, literally every single song is different.
And you left off reason :leon: