Nas & DJ Premier - Define My Name (new single out now, album releasing later this year)

Grand_Verbalizer

All Star
Daps
^^ I liked this beat, Prob some others if I think about it

Edit: Instrumental instead

edit: fukk it's some version where they removed the vocals ha, but yeah this one and a couple more

Last edited:

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You ain’t fukk with Magic 3 or KD3? Music is subjective but man those may have been my favorite 2 out of all 6. You played Legit or Speechless and didn’t think they were fire?
Some people just choose to be disingenuous when it comes to the Nas and Hit Boy. I’m actually convinced that some people didn’t even give it a fair listen. If the 90s boom bap producers produced some of those songs those same people would be going insane.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder if a release is imminent or if they’ll save it for later this year. Nas has a bunch of festivals and also some Illmatic celebratory concerts lined up and i’d think a Nas/Premo album would be a project he’d want to tour extensively separate from Illmatic. The money would print itself. I’d buy so much merch and spend whatever on tickets to see them.

Then again Nas doesn’t seem to give a fukk about “strategy” nowadays when it comes to his music. He just gets inspired, goes in the booth, and drops a classic out of damn near nowhere.

I hope he does some interviews alongside Premo when the time comes. I feel like from KD3 onward the Nas/Hit Boy albums didn’t get the press they absolutely deserved
His strategy more nowadays appear to be around moments that are special to him. For example, Magic 3 on his birthday and maybe this Premo album on the 30 year anniversary of illmatic.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Preem is pretty much Top 2 of all-time.

But this project should've happened 20 years ago.

He's way past his prime with tracks. If Nas was gonna go with anyone from the OG lineup from Illmatic, it should be Tip. Tip's tracks today are still on some crazy sh*t. Which is exactly the kinda vibe Nas could use if he's working with a great. I love him, but Primo's kinda stuck on one template now. I stopped wanting the Nas/Primo album decades ago.

True, but this is just out of some obligation to the fans and running it back for old times sake type deal

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
His strategy more nowadays appear to be around moments that are special to him. For example, Magic 3 on his birthday and maybe this Premo album on the 30 year anniversary of illmatic.

True but Magic 2 nor KD3 were correlated with any “special” moments in his life/career that I know of. It seemed he just likes to drop when the album is complete and he feels good about the music. Now of course April 19th being what it is and a Nas and Premo collab being what its been dreamt about DOES seem rather special.

Ten songs. No features. I could dig it

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
True, but this is just out of some obligation to the fans and running it back for old times sake type deal

Nas throughout his career has NEVER done anything out of “obligation”. If this is indeed a real project its because he truly wants it to happen at this point in his career/life.

“Never on schedule but always on time”