Nas & DJ Premier - Define My Name (new single out now, album releasing later this year)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Here go my favorite

Honestly I didn't like those albums on the production or rhyme level. I just hate Adrian Younge man lol. Dude is hailed as some genius yet virtually all of his music sounds significantly slower than the 60s/70s r&b he tries to imitate. There's no swing to his drums, the basslines are rarely funky, and when you sample it you get real slow bpm beats that just don't knock to me. And then on the rap level I just never fukked with Royce outside of a couple tracks (like Boom).

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
Great warm up. If you think a Nas/Premo album won't have some fire on it, slap yaself. Let Preem start digging for real and watch the magic (no pun intended) happen. nikkas talking "character" and such, and this simple beat he probably made in 10 minutes has more swing, funk and flavor than 75% of them last 6 joints y'all suck off.

YEAH, I SAID IT:stopitslime:
Lol. Aight .man. so you wasn't feeling NoNe of the records from the 6-peat?

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Honestly I didn't like those albums on the production or rhyme level. I just hate Adrian Younge man lol. Dude is hailed as some genius yet virtually all of his music sounds significantly slower than the 60s/70s r&b he tries to imitate. There's no swing to his drums, the basslines are rarely funky, and when you sample it you get real slow bpm beats that just don't knock to me. And then on the rap level I just never fukked with Royce outside of a couple tracks (like Boom).
Difference of opinion. I think Royce rapping on this album is better than Nas the last 10 years

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
primo need to go hunting for some more floppy discs for his MPC. he probably didn't realize to save beats for Nas this whole time and just gave his best beats away to other rappers by now
Well, I'm betting they gonna take time to slow roast this project, so I'm sure he'll pull out all the stops

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great warm up. If you think a Nas/Premo album won't have some fire on it, slap yaself. Let Preem start digging for real and watch the magic (no pun intended) happen. nikkas talking "character" and such, and this simple beat he probably made in 10 minutes has more swing, funk and flavor than 75% of them last 6 joints y'all suck off.

YEAH, I SAID IT:stopitslime:
:camby:And I like this song