Nas & DJ Premier - Define My Name (new single out now, album releasing later this year)

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
@TEKBEATZ
@FreshAIG

We got all sorts of bum ass, whatever whatever rap stickied, but not a Nas and Premier joint, that might be a precursor to finally getting the album?
giphy.gif

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol this man is
beats and lyrics. I don't care how great your lyrics are, if your beats are trash, I'm not gonna like it. And you Nas fans (that nikka t i informant), don't start this bullshyt. I was buying Nas albums or shyt she was featured on when most of you were still learning to conjugate verbs. I been down since bbq. shyt, I've bought Illmatic and different forms of it such as 10th anniversary, 20th anniversary at least 6 or 7 times in tape, cd, and vinyl format. I have versions of Nas albums and vinyl you don't even know existed So don't come at me with this bullshyt today. fuk off

Ong I been listening to nas before most of these nikkas were even born. The man just picks bad beats and it’s funny. :mjlol:

Doesn’t take away from his greatness

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Nas is spitting as usual but the beat..na..

Sad to say 25 years too late for this collab...soundscape has changed so much.

"Nas is Like" is peak Nas and Primo. Doubt we get anything close to that.
Preem could easily do that, a large part of the Nas is like production is the sample. Preem still has his ear/crate digs, unless you are trying to argue that aspect?

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Made myself a little triple threat preem 24 pack with his recent songs with snoop com and this one. Chuckled when I realised there's also a nas vocal sample on can u dig that, premo needs to venture out a bit...

Even if it turns out to be a just a vanity project quality wise I will still listen and nod my head to it like a crazy fan, these two gave me so much goat material that I won't care if it doesn't come close to their best work (that just so happens to be peak hip hop) and won't run my mouth about pete rock and shyt.

:salute: :ahh:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
this narrative, not saying you dont have a right to feel this way, is why I kinda didnt want Nas to ever do the Preem thing. People were gonna say its dated and they should have done this years ago.

Its crazy because nobody says this when he did full albums with Royce
Post the best joints he did with Royce...

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It was a creatively chopped sample tho. Premo gotta get back in that bag.
It was:myman: but it doesn't happen without the sample. The right sample does something to the cat messing wifh it. Cats thinking Preem will be flat on a Nas project are trippin. Whether it's from a stash or new shyt. :mjlol:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
this narrative, not saying you dont have a right to feel this way, is why I kinda didnt want Nas to ever do the Preem thing. People were gonna say its dated and they should have done this years ago.

Its crazy because nobody says this when he did full albums with Royce
Preem showed more of his versatility with Royce, part of that was Royce asking for different sounds/challenging Preem, which @Supa detailed in regards creative process. It's why cats are trippin thinking Preem can't still get busy.