Nas & DJ Premier - Define My Name (new single out now, album releasing later this year)

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
It's crazy that this thread is probably the place where people are the most critical of the song, wouldn't have thought that. :ohhh:

3.80/5 on rym.

86/100 on AOTY, #38 best single of the year.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
He's given his best material to Griselda, everything outside of that has been just okay.

This and the Ab Soul track are the best Premo beats I've heard in a minute. When he gets stuck in that low bpm/slow booming drums you know exactly what it's gonna sound like after 2 seconds. He just dropped a track with Snoop that's just like that. Super slow and boring.

I think a full album is gonna give him opportunity to play around with multiple sounds so I won't let this track convince me it's gonna be a bunch of slow beats.

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Never woulda thought at 50 new songs by Nas would be harder live
I leave 'em scared, like when they hear their name called but ain't nobody there
The definition of my name probably started where
I rode the E Train, fingers covered in ink stains
Writin' was like an escape, excited leave the beat flamed
It was Ra, Kane, Kool G, and Kris Few names like Cool James, Face, Cube, and Rick
That was musically sick, successful and unnatural
I throw their songs in a cyanide capsule
The truth is poison to any fraud, demagogue
Rockin' suits at shows going against any odds
How could you hate me? I survived the 80s
The D's, the trauma, embalming fluid in laced weed
Inhale fumes from a stove of cook up to shows booked up
I chose to take the world over, look up.
:whew: step it up Preem

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
It's crazy that this thread is probably the place where people are the most critical of the song, wouldn't have thought that. :ohhh:

3.80/5 on rym.

86/100 on AOTY, #38 best single of the year.
Of course we going to be the most critical for many us both these dudes are our GOAT. Looking for regular opinions not gonna happen here :mjlol:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Primo still got heat. fukk the haters.

Premier was able to take Guru verses that were years old and make them sound brand new in a way that made you feel like he was still alive. I don't know how high the expectations were for One of the Best Yet, but it sounded like a Gang Starr album in 2019. If you didn't know the background behind it, you wouldn't think anything was different.

People really think that if Nas and Premier lock in for once and put together an album, it's not going to be more than decent? Especially when they both know how many people have been waiting for this to happen, and it's coming off six dope Hit-Boy albums in three years? :dahell:

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've only seen one known troll in this thread. The general consensus has been Nas is on point, but the beat is wack. For y'all to get so offended by honest criticism is actually a worse look for Nas fans as a whole

Nah there’s been more than one and people are allowed to disagree. Nobody’s “so offended” at people disagreeing. I don’t think the general consensus is the beat is whack either. sayingit’s not as good as the raps is one thing but outright whack? And also just because the people who don’t like it have the most posts in here doesn’t make it the consensus either.