Nas & DJ Premier - Define My Name (new single out now, album releasing later this year)

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
love preemo. one of the goats. this is... fine. but fans have been begging for this album for how many years? he was supposed to be ready ready.

READY ready.

hope he's saving the heat for the full-length. cause this ain't worth the wait if i'm being brutally honest. not after that run nas and hit boy had.

and i'll say it again: the scratched hooks have been overdone to death. even how he scratches the different pieces in has gotten predictable.

c'mon preme. let's fukking go.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Its alright....just like every other beat he's done for the past decade plus, just alright.

It took Nas hopping on one for Booth dudes to finally admit he fell off :russ:

I told people for years, you keep wanting this Preemo album to happen and you never stopped to think why no one other big MC let alone Nas worked with him. I don’t think Preem is terrible but he is formularic which can still be good…very good. But you know what youte getting. And that’s the same with all the producers from that era now.

I think it will still be fine even cause Nas will step up and Preemo out of his prime still sounds fine but Nas works better with a lot of those producers people complain about.

Last edited:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Preemo's beat sounded mad out dated and lazy this coming from a Preemo fan. I was thinking Preemo heard Nas over Hit boy jawns and was gonna bring his A game. Hoping the album is good when it drops.
this narrative, not saying you dont have a right to feel this way, is why I kinda didnt want Nas to ever do the Preem thing. People were gonna say its dated and they should have done this years ago.

Its crazy because nobody says this when he did full albums with Royce

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
this narrative, not saying you dont have a right to feel this way, is why I kinda didnt want Nas to ever do the Preem thing. People were gonna say its dated and they should have done this years ago.

Its crazy because nobody says this when he did full albums with Royce
Its never the producer. Its the artist thats why. A simple naw will suffice. Pick a better beat.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
Nas always brings out the trolls on thecoli I swear. Because his threads always do numbers here the autistic internet lifers love to come here and stir up shyt because they know people will engage with them.
I've only seen one known troll in this thread. The general consensus has been Nas is on point, but the beat is wack. For y'all to get so offended by honest criticism is actually a worse look for Nas fans as a whole