Nas & DJ Premier - Define My Name (new single out now, album releasing later this year)

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
You don’t even have to use them, but Tip, large pro, LES and even pete rock should be part of this process.

That sounds more like "ILLmatic 3". But could this be the long awaited NaS/Premo collabo project? If he ever does a Trilogy than fine, bring the gang back. "Stillmatic" did not bring everyone back but still had Premo, LES and Large Professor. He eventually worked with Tip again on "American Way". Of course Pete Rock had Two "Lost Tapes 2" beats. But as of right now I don't know if NaS and Pete have worked out their issues. I hope they do.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That sounds more like "ILLmatic 3". But could this be the long awaited NaS/Premo collabo project? If he ever does a Trilogy than fine, bring the gang back. "Stillmatic" did not bring everyone back but still had Premo, LES and Large Professor. He eventually worked with Tip again on "American Way". Of course Pete Rock had Two "Lost Tapes 2" beats. But as of right now I don't know if NaS and Pete have worked out their issues. I hope they do.

Nas has Large Professor production in the stash from the "Nas Album Done" 2013-2016 era.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Preem is pretty much Top 2 of all-time.

But this project should've happened 20 years ago.

He's way past his prime with tracks. If Nas was gonna go with anyone from the OG lineup from Illmatic, it should be Tip. Tip's tracks today are still on some crazy sh*t. Which is exactly the kinda vibe Nas could use if he's working with a great. I love him, but Primo's kinda stuck on one template now. I stopped wanting the Nas/Primo album decades ago.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Nas has Large Professor production in the stash from the "Nas Album Done" 2013-2016 era.

Yeah they've still been working together. Also L.E.S. did get a lot of placements over the years. I think he has the most placement on NaS albums for an "Illmatic" Producer:

L.E.S. - Illmatic, IWW, I Am, Nastradamus, Firm, QB's Finest, Stillmatic, The Lost Tapes, SD, HHID.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Pete Rock better send Nas a "You know I was just playing, right?" text.
:ufdup:

Nas went over ten years without so much as SPEAKING to Pete Rock the first time they fell out and after this fukk shyt Pete pulled with threatening to sue over royalties Nas had nothing to do with and talking shyt about the Hit-Boy albums it’ll probably be until 2045 before he gets that call again.

Pete Rock really should have just listened to CL Smooth

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Aside from the obvious excitement of this finally potentially coming to fruition, this was my first thought.

All the bullshyt we've been reading all these years from the Nas stans on this board about how that 90s shyt is dead, nobody wants to hear washed up Preemo beats, dusty n*ggas living in the past, blah blah blah will go completely out the window if th/is album finally happens.

Not from me, when was the last time Premo made a great beat?