Nas & DJ Premier - Define My Name (new single out now, album releasing later this year)

HHID

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas is on the same level as he was on the HB albums, sharp! Preem came off just lazy IMO. You could already tell how it would sound just off the title alone.

Listened to it on YouTube and right after, it started playing Sitting with my Thoughts, I Love this Feeling and Never Die.. I could've gone for 2 hours without stopping.. You could feel the difference in quality, freshness... Maybe people will finally realize how versatile HB is..

Hope this joint was just a warm-up cause I won't be listening to it after Today. They can't afford dropping a half-ass project, so I'll be hoping Preem got some way harder joints in the vault.

Icewatermetallik

TheEastisintheHouse
Daps
The beat is just ok, sounds like your typical Primo generic beat with the chops.

I'd like to hear some more samples and soul shyt, like Memory Lane or Nas is Like type tracks.

More melodic. This shyt mad basic

Icewatermetallik

TheEastisintheHouse
Daps
Hopefully both Nas and Preem see the lukewarm reaction to the track and go back into the lab and re-focus.

They realize ppl been waiting on this album for 30 years, expectations are SUPER high.