Nas & DJ Premier - Define My Name (new single out now, album releasing later this year)

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
DJ Glad finna have a field day with this beat choice. Outside of the scratches and the silence, it's redundant as hell and boring. Nas rappin, but I'd demand more.
It’s just a basic Preemo beat. :yeshrug: It’s not the greatest and it’s not the worst. People act like they want the Preemo sound in 2024 but we will see if an album drops. Nas could have Jesus producing and God mastering the album and people would still find problems with it :snoop:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Some of ya'll were ready to complain before the track even dropped. You ain't slick, lol. The LP is finally coming, this is wonderful news, Again this joint feels like they were like "Aiight, we here. It's finally coming". It was a warm up like I said. I can't believe after all these years, it's finally happening. A complete NaS/DJ Premier LP was announced on the 30th Anniversary of "Illmatic". Everyone remembers the "Scratch" article back in 2006 over 18 years ago. "Define My Name" is right up my alley.

Though this is a more polished sounding Premo, I think they paying homage to "Illmatic". Let's say they weren't dropping an album, I could see this as a "Bonus" Track on a "Illmatic 30" Re-release. This will hold me over until the album drops. We are in April now. I wonder how long they will take. Because after the Hit-Boy era, NaS has no issues recording fast. But I feel like they will take their time with this to make sure it's just right. If it's early Fall, great. Even Winter I'm fine. Just the fact I know NaS next LP is with Premo is great news. I wonder if AZ will get the call for a feature. Let's go. Also this is not only the 30th Anniversary of "Illmatic" but also the 14th Anniversary of Guru's passing.

FOD1xcwVEBg4CAP.jpg

Last edited:

DeuceZ

Li pitit gason
Daps
Reppin
3rd Rock From the Sun
Reading the comments before I listened to the track I expected garbage :damn: this isn't bad nothing groundbreaking but sound like they just having fun. Premo does need some more depth in his beats it gets monotonous with the same loop :hubie:

3.5/5 but looking forward to the album if Preem steps up the production

GeeEffKay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The gawds :ahh:

Imagine hating on the legends:hhh: After all the hitboy albums this was nice hear classic nas premo:whew: