Nas & DJ Premier - Define My Name (new single out now, album releasing later this year)

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
yall stay with this generic praise of Nas verses

“he flowin” “he sharp” ”he still got it” etc…

Nas was a lyricist but literally now it’s just word vomit
nikka shut up. U criticized the lyrics on Take It In Blood. Gtfoh. Lol. Some nikkas shouldn't be allowed in threads about certain nikkas.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Nas needs to understand
This demographic, I means the fan base that would really want this Nas/Preemo to happen is a demographic that does NOT want no lame features. In fact no features plz!!!

He needs to come correct with this
This needs to be an I Am 2

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Nas needs to understand
This demographic, I means the fan base that would really want this Nas/Preemo to happen is a demographic that does NOT want no lame features. In fact no features plz!!!

He needs to come correct with this
This needs to be an I Am 2
Nah, man. If the feeling is going to be fully restored, then we at least need AZ on the album.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, I feel like if we finally get that project or collabo we've been waiting for since the 90's, you gotta come with something way more crazier than this. People been waiting.

But I think Primo isn't as inspired as he used to be. Who does he compete with today? All of the other greats are just chillin' for the most part now. And no one has more output than him since '89, so I can see why he's kinda on autopilot these days. But for some Nas sh*t, you gotta get back to high level. There's no excuse to be giving bro these interlude sounding throwaway beats.

I feel like there's plenty of inspiration from guys like 9th, Alch, Evidence, Daringer, Conductor, etc. All those guys are heavy diggers and bring some energy to the process which should inspire older producers.

The beat is just slow to me. It's the typical boom bap Premo with slow ass drums and cutting in between the snares. Premo seems to be into strings lately too, which is interesting. I thought Nas sounded good on the beat tho. I hope this isn't on the album and is just a "hey we're making an album, guys" track.