Nas & DJ Premier - Define My Name (new single out now, album releasing later this year)

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Yeah, Mos's absence might have been due to his legal issues preventing him from traveling (kinda ironic for the dude that made "Traveling Man" :pachaha:)

It ain't just the Illmatic producers either. Fukked my head up when I found out that the Nasir album with all those horrible Kanye beats was originally supposed to be a Nas and Beatminerz album. Evil Dee said Nas picked a bunch of beats from them in the studio and he just disappeared afterwards. They didn't hear from him for a long time and out of nowhere he drops the album with Kanye. He had opportunities to get beats from MF DOOM too before he died and it never materialized. I don't even think it's intentional anymore. I think that's just who he is. Just a fickle dude when it comes to production. :manny:

I read that Beatminerz interview too. LOL!!

There's so many stories of Nas leaving dudes waiting for him to get back to them, and never doing it. Even though, I don’t even know what kinda sh*t Dee and Walt are making these days. But if they got Nas on some beats back in '95, I would've been mad happy.

But I think you're right, I don’t think Nas obsesses over production as much as we want him to. Just seems like these days, he goes with what he thinks would work in the moment. That Nasir disaster is a prime example of that, lol.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
I read that Beatminerz interview too. LOL!!

There's so many stories of Nas leaving dudes waiting for him to get back to them, and never doing it. Even though, I don’t even know what kinda sh*t Dee and Walt are making these days. But if they got Nas on some beats back in '95, I would've been mad happy.

But I think you're right, I don’t think Nas obsesses over production as much as we want him to. Just seems like these days, he goes with what he thinks would work in the moment. That Nasir disaster is a prime example of that, lol.

I thought it had been proven that Nas spit a bunch of acapellas and Kanye put the beats under it or he only gave him drums to start with or something that’s why it’s off beat in places. Nas has a weird flow that can be hard to get on beat if you don’t do it right. He’s like slightly in front of the beat usually.

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
Finally played it. Song is dope, could have been better but it’s good. For a sec I really thought Premo was gonna spit a few bars :russ:

That's the thing I love the most about nas lately. The 6 album run, the primo album. You can genuinely feel like since he's independant he's having fun all around. No more deadlines, no more you gotta do radio joints, you gotta go on tour, you gotta do this press run... Just making dope hip hop on his own accord and release it whenever he fells like it

Last edited:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Finally played it. Song is dope, could have been better but it’s good. For a sec I really thought Premo was gonna spit a few bars :russ:

Nas said you ain’t got the right shoes to get into the club tonight lololol

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Yeah, Mos's absence might have been due to his legal issues preventing him from traveling (kinda ironic for the dude that made "Traveling Man" :pachaha:)

It ain't just the Illmatic producers either. Fukked my head up when I found out that the Nasir album with all those horrible Kanye beats was originally supposed to be a Nas and Beatminerz album. Evil Dee said Nas picked a bunch of beats from them in the studio and he just disappeared afterwards. They didn't hear from him for a long time and out of nowhere he drops the album with Kanye. He had opportunities to get beats from MF DOOM too before he died and it never materialized. I don't even think it's intentional anymore. I think that's just who he is. Just a fickle dude when it comes to production. :manny:

Sounds like he may have seen them during 2013-2016 for whatever Nas album done was or if he was trying figure out stuff in that hiatus period. He saw Swizz and Timbaland too in that period

Nasir was always a Kanye concept but I seen dudes mad at that thinking it was a Nas project that they were meant to be on. Don’t think he fickle though. He just picks up a bunch of beats and sees if he finds an album direction or sound he wanna stick with

Budda

Superstar
Daps
michael-jordan-yeah.gif

Probably worth mentioning that Pete is my all time favorite producer.

Clean your ears.

Store run shyte on QB politics so does Nas is Good.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
We can critique everything but nas huh

I think im “posting my ass off” “my posts still sharp since the sohh days” “im carrying this thread”

:mjlol:

You can do whatever you want bro. But if you stayed up all night to troll or throw out negative criticism on purpose at a midnight release for an artist you don’t really care about…that might be mental illness….be great tho

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
You can do whatever you want bro. But if you stayed up all night to troll or throw out negative criticism on purpose at a midnight release for an artist you don’t really care about…that might be mental illness….be great tho
Its mental illness because i critique a song?

Yall grown men are fukking weird when it comes to this guy

I said i dont like not one of Kedrick, Cole or Drake albums ever. Not one of those fanbases gave a fukk.