Nas & DJ Premier - Define My Name (new single out now, album releasing later this year)

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
just finished annotating rapgenius :whew: before the new gen fukk up the annotations with made-up BS referencing only the hit-boy run and maybe illmatic but that's it

if people want to nerd up and debate about christopher columbus and using clicking sounds and cave stick drawings, let them do that, i'm going to bed

toetoe

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm lovin this!

giphy.gif

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
My nikka said Preemo let Nas hear a beat he made for those Black Soprano nikkaz :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: @Esco. This beat fit more like Group Home reunion album we expect better Preemo. Still to the 🐐🐐 though anticipating the album:blessed:

Last edited:

Esco

Rich & Black
Daps
My nikka said Preemo let Nas hear a beat he made for those Black Soprano nikkaz :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: @Esco. This beat fit more like Group Home reunion album we expect better Preemo. Still to the 🐐🐐 though still anticipating the album:blessed:

That beat sounds like it’s made for a rapper that’s just happy to be on a beat made by Premo :francis:

Daps
EXACTLY!!

That's what I'm saying. Legends are begging dude to call them back, but he's having sleepovers at HB's crib and making whole anthologies and sh*t, for years. Dude done did a whole f*cking boxset with Hit-Boy. LOL!!

The thing about Mos though, I think he's in and out of the country. Pretty sure he wasn't really allowed to be here, until like two years ago, lol.

But I think Nas wants to totally disassociate himself from Illmatic. He's said so mad times. But he understands that if he gets with those dudes again, he can't miss. So he goes with people that there's no real expectation for.

Yeah, Mos's absence might have been due to his legal issues preventing him from traveling (kinda ironic for the dude that made "Traveling Man" :pachaha:)

It ain't just the Illmatic producers either. Fukked my head up when I found out that the Nasir album with all those horrible Kanye beats was originally supposed to be a Nas and Beatminerz album. Evil Dee said Nas picked a bunch of beats from them in the studio and he just disappeared afterwards. They didn't hear from him for a long time and out of nowhere he drops the album with Kanye. He had opportunities to get beats from MF DOOM too before he died and it never materialized. I don't even think it's intentional anymore. I think that's just who he is. Just a fickle dude when it comes to production. :manny:

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just finished annotating rapgenius :whew: before the new gen fukk up the annotations with made-up BS referencing only the hit-boy run and maybe illmatic but that's it

if people want to nerd up and debate about christopher columbus and using clicking sounds and cave stick drawings, let them do that, i'm going to bed

Good work bro.. Reading the lyrics and Nas killed this.

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This beat would be terrible even in 1993.

Premier seems stuck in a time loop.

Nas come correct as expected but naaaaaah

TrapHouse Rock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That shyt was weak yo but Preme fell off years ago so I'm not really shocked
But what the fukk happened to Nas lyrically? he completely lost what made him special
listen to some of his old joints and then go listen to "define my name" nas never used to ramble and all the sharpness is gone
nas eating pork and going on dates with diddy fukked his whole shyt up god nas used to be the illest this is sad
:francis:

I'll prolly never play "define my name" more than twice
Ironically Preme last classic was with Mega this is a classic song that has stood the test of time

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That shyt was weak yo but Preme fell off years ago so I'm not really shocked
But what the fukk happened to Nas lyrically? he completely lost what made him special
listen to some of his old joints and then go listen to "define my name" nas never used to ramble and all the sharpness is gone
nas eating pork and going on dates with diddy fukked his whole shyt up god nas used to be the illest this is sad
:francis:

I'll prolly never play "define my name" more than twice
Ironically Preme last classic was with Mega this is a classic song that has stood the test of time

Nas ain't for you anymore. Time for you to move on.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Possibly. I remember hearing a Ras Kass interview where he was talking about he's known Guru and Premier personally for years since he was a teenager and it still took him years to get music done together because his waiting list and schedule was so ridiculously long. He wears many hats.

BTW, you're buggin my man, lol. The Art Of It was the best beat on Lost Tapes 2. Only producer fukking with Pete Rock's heat on that album was Statik Selectah. And most of the producers on that album came with heat (Except Alchemist for some strange ass reason, smh), but Pete let us know why he's your favorite producer's favorite producer.

Him or No ID had the best beat on LT 2