Naruto Hot Take #2: Leaf Village Anbu was Trash

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I don't know if this is a hot take or not but the Anbu is supposed to the Black Ops of the Ninja World. Despite this these dudes are shown either being thrown around, beaten up/killed and looking like jobbers. I don't think Leaf Anbu are all that.

I just get the vibe Hidden Mist, Sound Village, Hidden Desert Anbu seem way more official. Especially the Mist. I mean Haku by himself would body most of the leaf Anbu. Now I know Kakashi, Sai, Yamato, and Itachi are standouts but I think it speaks more to how talented they are as Ninja vs an endorsment of the Leaf Anbu.

Agree. Disagree.

I enjoyed everyones perspectives on the Kakashi as a teacher one.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Itachi was Anbu, Kakashi was Anbu, Danzo was leader of Anbu, Yamato was Anbu. that line up bodies anyone not madara and kaguya i think. Was the fourth Anbu? or the 3rd?

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Itachi was Anbu, Kakashi was Anbu, Danzo was leader of Anbu, Yamato was Anbu. that line up bodies anyone not madara and kaguya i think. Was the fourth Anbu? or the 3rd?
Kakashi as well

The stars of anbu outgrew it, but they have had some legit hitters

edit: my bad you mentioned kakashi

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

I mentioned that but those guys were going to be great Ninja regardless and you can make an argument Danzo was incompetent as the head of the root.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I don't know if this is a hot take or not but the Anbu is supposed to the Black Ops of the Ninja World. Despite this these dudes are shown either being thrown around, beaten up/killed and looking like jobbers. I don't think Leaf Anbu are all that.

I just get the vibe Hidden Mist, Sound Village, Hidden Desert Anbu seem way more official. Especially the Mist. I mean Haku by himself would body most of the leaf Anbu. Now I know Kakashi, Sai, Yamato, and Itachi are standouts but I think it speaks more to how talented they are as Ninja vs an endorsment of the Leaf Anbu.

Agree. Disagree.

I enjoyed everyones perspectives on the Kakashi as a teacher one.

Not gonna lie…..

You 2 for 2.

I’m still thinking what to add to this.

But just wanted to let you know I love these 2 new hot take threads you doing and I look forward to seeing how you grow with this.

This something new and much needs for the TFR

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I don’t know if being a good ninja was a requirement for Anbu. Wasn’t it just being willing to kill anybody if told to no questions asked? If anything them dying a lot makes sense since they got sent to do the most dangerous missions where the chance of survivability was low and they were expendable.

So based on that Sai and Yamato, were ANBU that were actually good ninja that could have operated as Jonin and in the case of Kakashi and Itachin both were Hokage level good. The rest of them were expendable ninja crash dummies.

Last edited:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I don’t know if being a good ninja was a requirement for Anbu. Wasn’t it just being willing to kill anybody if told to no questions asked? If anything them dying a lot makes sense since they got sent to do the most dangerous missions where the chance of survivability was low and they were expendable.

So based on that Sai and Yamato, were ANBU that were actually good ninja that could have operated as Jonin and in the case of Kakashi and Itachin both were Hokage level good. The rest of them were expendable ninja crash dummies.

Anbu are supposed to be pretty high level Ninja on average. Anbu literally translates into 'dark side'. They supposed a villages Black Ops corps. Aside from assassination missions they have been called to protect the village from internal threats or act as hidden security. But anytime they have been tasked to do something on screen or panel they have more or less washed pretty easily by outside threats. They couldn't even stop a 12 year old Sasuke from escaping the hospital and running away from the village.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Anbu are supposed to be pretty high level Ninja on average. Anbu literally translates into 'dark side'. They supposed a villages Black Ops corps. Aside from assassination missions they have been called to protect the village from internal threats or act as hidden security. But anytime they have been tasked to do something on screen or panel they have more or less washed pretty easily by outside threats. They couldn't even stop a 12 year old Sasuke from escaping the hospital and running away from the village.
Calling them something doesn’t make them that and like I said two of them were Jonin level and two of them were Hokage level. Which in the grand scheme of things make sense. Look at the 4th Shinobi war, a lot of guys from a lot of villages were just crash dummies for the Madara and the other Edo Tensei. The Jonin level and up were able to lead teams. Random ANBU did not step up.