@42 Monks

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Neuromancer will always be my number 1

The Aubrey Knight trilogy is great because the MC is a breh. (Street Lethal, Gorgon Child, Firedance)

The Nightside series is really enjoyable.

Empire Star was great.

Burning chrome is a must.

Snow Crash is basically our future.

The Elric Series is also a must.

The Balad of Black Tom is a great story.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
In the fantasy genre it's definitely The First Law series by Joe Abercrombie.

Love all 10 books set in the universe. Audiobok version is amazing too.

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
I know this is basic

Really wish there was a website with all the choose your own adventure books from the 80s. Some of those storylines was really out there, I don't even know how many they made, that was like the original nintendo

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
I guess Parable of the Sower falls into a post apocalyptic/dystopian/sci-fi category. So it would definitely be that. Best part of it imo, is the realism of it. Considering there’ll be a water crisis and more natural disasters coming within the next 50 years, feels almost imminent as opposed to feeling far fetched. Strong protagonist as well.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Rendezvous With Rama by Arthur C Clarke is what got me into Science Fiction. Read it while in detention back in middle school. Legit changed my trajectory and left me thinking about new kinds of stories.

Recently, a great series I started was Children of Time

51sR5hLQZIL.jpg

Not to spoil too much outside of the initial premise, but different kinds of evolutionary processes will undoubtedly lead to different ways of thinking. Different ways to progress. Imagine if a species discovered the radio before the wheel. Imagine if they relied on biomechanical engineering over fossil fuels. And also what an cryogenic sleep does to the mind as time as a concept goes from a consistent line to abrupt starts and stops like a bus line. Just a great story and series all around.

For cheese?

513DK4WQymL.jpg

Labeled as young adult book - whatever. Its entertaining, solid, and honestly approaches immortality as something that *needs* to be measured and managed. Death as a service for a civilization that's generally forgotten its weight and how it gives life the impact it needs to drive people.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Timothy Zahn :wow:

Out of his original works though I remember really liking his Dragonback series. Unique take on dragons and would have made an ill video game too.

screenshot-2021-01-28-085647.jpg
Yoooooooooooooooooo another Zahn fan. :wow:

Definitely a criminally underrated writer who has a good penchant for world building, it's why his works are so immersive.