My TV Turns ON By Itself

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I got a new Vizio 55 inch 4k smart TV, and sometimes the TV turns on by itself. I have no idea why it does that and its frustrating.

Anyone have problems with this? Thanks.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Yeah that shyt used to spook me out. Most common issue is that a wakeup timer was setup on your TV. Try to see if you can find the settings for that. There's also the HDMI-CEC settings. If that's on, turning on shyt like your cable box/consoles will also turn on your TV even if you don't intend to.

Or your tv remote power button might be fukked.

I

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Yeah that shyt used to spook me out. Most common issue is that a wakeup timer was setup on your TV. Try to see if you can find the settings for that. There's also the HDMI-CEC settings. If that's on, turning on shyt like your cable box/consoles will also turn on your TV even if you don't intend to.

Or your tv remote power button might be fukked.

I
ITs a new TV. First night it started doing it.

I turned off the CEC and it turned back on. I have a Roku on it, so I am wondering if its that.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
GrayHealthyBarasingha-small.gif

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
I bought a Vizio 70 inchClass 4K Ultra HD LED LCD TV in April.

Same thing was happening to me. I would turn it off then like 3-5 minutes later it'd just cut back on. Sometimes it'd cut back on like two or three times before it finally would stay off. It was mad annoying.

Around August is when it finally just stopped. I didn't do anything special, it just finally stopped.

So I wish I had an answer as to how to stop it, but I don't. I used to and still do suspect it was one of the HDMI cables or ports that was making it cut on randomly. I still kinda do. But it seems to be a Vizio problem too in general.

Wish I had an answer on how to stop it but if you're patient enough, yours will possibly eventually stop randomly cutting on like mine finally did.