My PC Brehs: any of yall mess with Black Mesa?

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/NYY/NYR/ALA
from the mods Wiki:

Black Mesa (formerly Black Mesa: Source) is a Half-Life 2 total conversion remaking of Valve Software's award-winning PC game, Half-Life.

Black Mesa said:
Utilizing the Source engine, Black Mesa will reintroduce the player as Doctor Gordon Freeman, along with the original cast of memorable characters and environments seen in Half-Life. Black Mesa was built and founded on the basis that Half-Life: Source didn't fully live up to the potential of a Source engine port of Half-Life. As such, Black Mesa was founded to fully reconstruct the Half-Life universe utilizing Source to its fullest potential in terms of art detail, level sizes and code features. It should be noted that the project is being built from the ground up and is not a simple port of Half Life maps and models into the Source Engine. The idea is to remake the storyline used in Half Life into a new polished Source Engine version with new models, maps, soundtrack, voice acting and textures.

This total conversion will not require Half-Life: Source to play - only a copy of any Source Engine game installed on Steam. For more details, check the System Requirements.

:krs:

its a remake of Half Life 1 from the ground up on the Source engine. a remake of the Multiplayer portion will come in a update. The game was one of the first games to be "Greenlit" by the Steam community.

any of yall copping this?

Black Mesa: A Half-Life 2 modification

Edit: New link from the teams twitter page

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
I might have to give this a go. There's so much piff coming out in the next few months though. :noah:

KiD WavE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Southeast Ohio
I just played half life 1 within the last 2 years ...one of the best games Ive ever played

I didnt think black would ever come out they've been talking about it for years and years I will definitely play it eventually

also are you a starcraft fan ? just wondering cause your name

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/NYY/NYR/ALA
I just played half life 1 within the last 2 years ...one of the best games Ive ever played

I didnt think black would ever come out they've been talking about it for years and years I will definitely play it eventually

also are you a starcraft fan ? just wondering cause your name

I have all the Half Life games in my Steam library except Blue Shift, Opposing Force, and Decay.

I've been wanting to get in SC but I have a huge backlog of games to plow through :to:

my name actually came from my old Xbox Live gamertag :russ:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
half life is one of the goat games for sure, so yea Ill definitely play this at some point

one of the great things about half life is how long it was especially compared to games nowadays

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Are you fukking serious? :bryan:

They finally finished it? I remember hearing about this 4-5 years ago. I had their site bookmarked but when I got my new computer about a year ago I erased that shyt because I thought it would never come out.

And here it is. :damn:

Fred.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
they're waiting for you Gordon... in the test chamber

492E2F21B97990F7E7A9418E68DB4FF199B2EF69

damn this shyt is piff :ahh: