My Nokia Lumia 1020 Photography adventure....

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
So i just recently took a trip to Puerto Vallarta Mexico.. (BEAUTIFUL as fukk BTW), and i had the pleasure of really putting my mouth to the test. I decided to take my Nokia 1020 as my sole photography device and really wanted to see if this phone was really all that everyone claimed it was (including myself...:heh:) I recently purchased a Sony Nex-6 which i love dearly, but with all the hype this phone's camera had surrounding it, even I was begining to have my doubts it could live up to it. Needless to say, once I started shooting with this bad boy all I could do was :bow: at the great fukking shots this camera phone produced! I mean fukking amazing pics! For those looking for a camera approaching the power of an entry level DSLR, you would be remiss to pass up owning one of these beauties.

First thing I have realized with this cameraphone is that is indeed a CAMERA PHONE. That is a camera with fukking smartphone attached. I truly love WIndows phone as you all know quite well, but this phone's CAMERA is clearly the high light here. For those that don't understand what makes this camera special, let me explain it. It has 41 MP, again a 41 megapixel sensor! Although its 41MP, Nokia's camera doesn't use megapixels in the traditional sense. It uses the extra digital information to pack a TON of information in each pic, thereby allowing one to zoom in pretty deeply into a picture to get more visual data. Cropping pictures taken with this camera maintain the same resolution as any high quality jpeg. Its truly amazing.

Coupled with the OIS, the awesome xenon flash, and the fantastic Nokia Pro Camera software, its truly phenomenal. Post image processing is also robust, but this is one area Android is fairly adroit in as well.

But most importantly is the fukking detail in the final photos....TRULY AMAZING. I've taken some breathtaking shots with this camera, and have truly amazed my self with its capabilities as well as my families and friends.

For those that hate windows phone GET OVER IT. If you pass up on owning one of these gems due to some ignorant fanboy stance YOU LOST!

These pictures are all the low Res Shots. The High Res Shots are far too large to be uploading onto tiny pic..:laugh:

Fried Curry Oysters
2ly1x5w.jpg

Lazy Iguana
syqged.jpg

Mountain Range
dceekj.jpg

PV Rooftop View
2jdluuh.jpg

Fantastic Street Tacos
1tu26r.jpg

PV Town Square
2hfujyq.jpg

Ciroc Bottle
2hhmzx0.jpg

Last edited:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
Some of that read like copy but I can chalk that up to you being excited. They look nicer than I expected, actually.