My new workout-check out the last post

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Here is a link to it. so weeks1-8 you only workout three days a week and most of the excercises are 3 sets of 8-12 reps. Heres a link to the workout. Weeks 9-10 and 11-12 are on there as well

So it goes...
Monday-
Squat
Bench Press
Deadlift
Pullups/superset with dips
Barbell Bentover row
Dumbell shoulder press
barbell curl/superset with lying tricep extentions

Wednesday-
Squat 5x5*
Bench Pres*s 5x5
Deadlift 5x5*
Maximal intended velocity reps, using a relatively light weigh and performing each rep as explosively as possible

Friday-
Squat
Bench Press
Deadlift
Barbell Bentover row
Dumbell shoulder press

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Im not really crazy about it. I like that it hits things multiple times per week, but it's not hitting enough IMO. Right now I'm cutting on a 5 day split, hitting everything at least twice a week and doing about 100 sets total. This only has 63 sets. U will grow with this but if u want mass u need as much volume as u can recover from.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
It kind of depends. When you are starting out and your total poundages are kind of low, then this program is fine. It has bench, deadlift and squats three times a week. But lats are worked in the barbell row only twice a week. That doesn't make any sense. You will want to work opposing major muscle groups equally. Chest and back. Bicep and tricep. Quads and hamstrings.
You have a dude with big biceps and small triceps for that Abercrombie & Fitch model look, what is up with that?:camby:
Or they go for big chest and delts and no lats? Kenny Chesney is like that. :camby:
Or you have guys training quads more than hamstrings. That's a problem if you run because your quad can contract stronger than the hamstring which will then cause a pulled hamstring. (or at least that's what happens during hard sprinting, not jogging)

Skip the dumbbell shoulder press and do barbell shoulder press. You aren't working the stabilizing muscles as much compared to using a barbell, but you are maximizing deltoid mass growth, or at least that's what I've experienced.

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Im not really crazy about it. I like that it hits things multiple times per week, but it's not hitting enough IMO. Right now I'm cutting on a 5 day split, hitting everything at least twice a week and doing about 100 sets total. This only has 63 sets. U will grow with this but if u want mass u need as much volume as u can recover from.
Word. Can you post your workout breh? I'm trying to bulk up do you think I'd bulk up doing your workout? You familiar with PHAT?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
My workout is kind of based on PHAT. 3 upper body days 2 lower body days. Pretty much all supersets but it's also built around my weaknesses (chest and arms)

Upper days

Chest/arms/back
Bench/lat pulldowns (3x6/10)
Close grip dumbbell bench/rows (3x10)
Tricep pushdowns/curls (3-5x12)

Chest/arms/shoulders
Bench/upright rows (3x9/10)
Behind the neck press/curls (3x10/12)
Lateral raises/tricep pushdowns (3x12)

Full upper body
Bench/upright rows (3x9/10)
Behind the neck press/lat pulldowns (3x10)
Seated cable rows/close grip dumbbell press (3x10)
Tricep pushdowns/ standing curls (3-5x10)
Lateral raises/preacher curls (PCs optional, 3x12)

Legs I just do squats, SLDLs, hamstring curls and calf raises twice a week (again built around my weaknesses)

I know starting out it's tough to figure out what you like but I would try different exercises and see what you like best for each body part. Everybody is different. You gotta have core lifts like bench, squats, deads, some kind of pulling motion and something for shoulders, but beyond that :manny:

Hope that helps.

Hybrinetics

Banned
Daps
Here is a link to it. so weeks1-8 you only workout three days a week and most of the excercises are 3 sets of 8-12 reps. Heres a link to the workout. Weeks 9-10 and 11-12 are on there as well

So it goes...
Monday-
Squat
Bench Press
Deadlift
Barbell Bentover row
Dumbell shoulder press

Wednesday-
Squat 5x5*
Bench Pres*s 5x5
Deadlift 5x5*
Maximal intended velocity reps, using a relatively light weigh and performing each rep as explosively as possible

Friday-
Squat
Bench Press
Deadlift
Barbell Bentover row
Dumbell shoulder press
I mean if it may work for some people, but do you think you're gonna have enough energy to perform quality pullups/dips and bent over rows after squats bench and deadlift? That sounds like too much work to me, but i like doing body splits :manny: . Try it out though and see how you like it. Everybodys body responds differently to regimens. Make sure you eat a whole lot and get good rest with all that work

semtex

:)
Daps
unless you're on something you are going to crash and burn pretty quick with all that goddamn volume

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
iight brehs so here is the workout I started today. I feel like their isnt enough volume for biceps :patrice: Im of the mindset that more sets/reps will equate to more muscle growth. Basically my Biceps werent going:damn: after this workout. I only did the day 1 portion. Yall brothers have any advice? Maybe I should use heavier weight. I went heavy...well relative to what i can lift atleast :manny:

Day 1: Upper Body Strength Day
  • Pulling Power Movement: Bent-over rows 3 sets of 3-5 reps
  • Assistance Pulling movement: Weighted Pull ups 4 sets of 6-10 reps
  • Pressing Power Movement: Flat dumbbell presses 3 sets of 3-5 reps
  • Assistance pressing movement: Weighted dips 2 sets of 6-10 reps
  • Assistance pressing movement: Seated dumbbell shoulder presses 3 sets of 6-10 reps
  • Auxiliary curling movement: Cambered bar curls 3 sets of 6-10 reps
  • Auxiliary extension movement: Skull crushers 3 sets of 6-10 reps
Day 2: Lower Body Strength Day
  • Pressing Power Movement: Squats 3 sets of 3-5 reps
  • Assistance pressing movement: Leg Presses 2 sets of 6-10 reps
  • Assistance extension movement: Leg extensions 2 sets of 6-10 reps
  • Assistance pulling movement: Stiff Legged Dead-lifts 3 sets of 5-8 reps
  • Assistance pulling/curling movement: Lying Leg Curls 2 sets of 6-10 reps
  • Auxiliary calf movement: Standing Calf Raise 3 sets of 6-10 reps
  • Auxiliary calf movement: Seated Calf Raise 2 sets of 6-10 reps
Day 3: Rest
Day 4: Back and Shoulders Hypertrophy Day

• Pulling Power Exercise speed work: Bent-over rows 4 sets of 8-12 reps
  • Hypertrophy pulling movement: Weighted Pull-ups 3 sets of 8-12 reps
  • Hypertrophy pulling movement: Seated cable row 3 sets of 8-12 reps
  • Hypertrophy pulling movement: Dumbbell rows or shrugs bracing upper body against an incline bench 2 sets of 12-15 reps
  • Hypertrophy pulling movement: Close grip pull downs 2 sets of 15-20 reps
  • Hypertrophy shoulder movement: Seated dumbbell presses 3 sets of 8-12 reps
  • Hypertrophy shoulder movement: Upright rows 2 sets of 12-15 reps
  • Hypertrophy shoulder movement: Side lateral raises with dumbbells or cables 3 sets of 12-20 reps
Day 5: Lower Body Hypertrophy Day
  • Lower Body Power Exercise speed work: Squats 4 sets of 8-12 reps
  • Hypertrophy pressing movement: Lunges 3 sets of 8-12 reps
  • Hypertrophy pressing movement: Leg presses 2 sets of 12-15 reps
  • Hypertrophy extension movement: Leg extensions 3 sets of 15-20 reps
  • Hypertrophy pulling movement: Stiff Legged dead lifts 3 sets of 8-12 reps
  • Hypertrophy curling movement: Lying leg curls 2 sets of 12-15 reps
  • Hypertrophy curling movement: Seated leg curls 2 sets of 15-20 reps
  • Hypertrophy calf movement: Standing calf raises 4 sets of 10-15 reps
  • Hypertrophy calf movement: Seated calf raises 3 sets of 15-20 reps
Day 6: Chest and Arms Hypertrophy Day
  • Pressing Power Exercise speed work: Flat dumbbell presses 4 sets of 8-12 reps
  • Hypertrophy pressing movement: Incline dumbbell presses 3 sets of 8-12 reps
  • Hypertrophy pressing movement: Hammer strength chest press 3 sets of 12-15 reps
  • Hypertrophy fly movement: Incline cable flies 2 sets of 15-20 reps
  • Hypertrophy curling exercise: Cambered bar preacher curls 3 sets of 8-12 reps
  • Hypertrophy curling exercise: Dumbbell concentration curls 2 sets of 12-15 reps
  • Hypertrophy curling exercise: Spider curls 2 sets of 15-20 reps
  • Hypertrophy extension exercise: Seated triceps extension with cambered bar 3 sets of 8-12 reps
  • Hypertrophy extension exercise: Cable press downs with rope attachment 2 sets of 12-15 reps
  • Hypertrophy extension exercise: Cable kickbacks 2 sets of 15-20 reps
Day 7: Rest (Don’t forget to rest!)