My jogging brehs... let's talk accessories

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I've been jogging recently and I'm having trouble keeping all my stuff together.

What do you guys use to store your keys, iphone/ipod, and anything else?

I feel like a fanny pack would work perfect but I don't want to look like an 80's soccer mom.

Also, anybody rocking bluetooth/wireless headphones? Can you recommend a pair that will stay on during athletic activity?

cdc

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
14th and Kennedy to Macombos
I have a variety of things I use, some more effective than others.

For runs longer than 45 mins - 2hrs for training, I use a Nathan Trail Hydration belt. It has a pouch where I can store an IPhone 5S (it probably won't work with the larger IPhone 6's. I can keep my phone and keys in the pouch and it has a couple cords to tie a jacket to if you start your run early in the morning in a jacket and it warms up.

For runs under 45 min, I typically use a Nathan Handheld Bottle carrier. Like this, but mine is an older model which must have been discontinued.

It has a pouch on the outside that easily fits a phone and keys and adjustable strap and thumbhole so you won't drop it.

I have a couple of other things I tried, and on occasion use, but I don't like them as much as the above 2 items, although some runners I run with love them. Its an individual taste, I guess as to what is comfortable for you. A first is the FlipBelt.

Lots of smaller pockets for all kinds of items such as phone, keys, gels, etc. Put the items in, flip the belt, and they are secure.

Another is an armband that just didn't feel right for me. I have this one from Tune Belt although there are several different ones.

I would recommend going to the local running store. They usually have free group runs on certain nights where you can sometimes borrow a belt or armband to try out and where you can sometimes meet people who will let you try their stuff out sometimes or tell you what works for them. You can also take your phone there to see if it would fit. All of these things are about $30 and under individually, but it all adds up if you start buying things you don't like or won't use, or don't fit your phone, etc.

As for the bluetooth/wireless headphones, I really couldn't tell you. I've been satisfied with just getting a couple pair of regular cheap corded headphones. The cord length is long enough to reach from a waist belt to your ears with some slack.

These work well, are just a little over $7 so you don't care if they eventually break, and they have over 30,000 mostly positive reviews on Amazon.

The most important thing is to just get out and get in the miles and not worry so much about all the gear until you get really into it. Get a good pair of shoes, though.

Last edited:

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I have a variety of things I use, some more effective than others.

For runs longer than 45 mins - 2hrs for training, I use a Nathan Trail Hydration belt. It has a pouch where I can store an IPhone 5S (it probably won't work with the larger IPhone 6's. I can keep my phone and keys in the pouch and it has a couple cords to tie a jacket to if you start your run early in the morning in a jacket and it warms up.

For runs under 45 min, I typically use a Nathan Handheld Bottle carrier. Like this, but mine is an older model which must have been discontinued.

It has a pouch on the outside that easily fits a phone and keys and adjustable strap and thumbhole so you won't drop it.

I have a couple of other things I tried, and on occasion use, but I don't like them as much as the above 2 items, although some runners I run with love them. Its an individual taste, I guess as to what is comfortable for you. A first is the FlipBelt.

Lots of smaller pockets for all kinds of items such as phone, keys, gels, etc. Put the items in, flip the belt, and they are secure.

Another is an armband that just didn't feel right for me. I have this one from Tune Belt although there are several different ones.

I would recommend going to the local running store. They usually have free group runs on certain nights where you can sometimes borrow a belt or armband to try out and where you can sometimes meet people who will let you try their stuff out sometimes or tell you what works for them. You can also take your phone there to see if it would fit. All of these things are about $30 and under individually, but it all adds up if you start buying things you don't like or won't use, or don't fit your phone, etc.

As for the bluetooth/wireless headphones, I really couldn't tell you. I've been satisfied with just getting a couple pair of regular cheap corded headphones. The cord length is long enough to reach from a waist belt to your ears with some slack.

These work well, are just a little over $7 so you don't care if they eventually break, and they have over 30,000 mostly positive reviews on Amazon.

The most important thing is to just get out and get in the miles and not worry so much about all the gear until you get really into it. Get a good pair of shoes, though.

:scusthov: at all those

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I've been jogging recently and I'm having trouble keeping all my stuff together.

What do you guys use to store your keys, iphone/ipod, and anything else?

I feel like a fanny pack would work perfect but I don't want to look like an 80's soccer mom.

Also, anybody rocking bluetooth/wireless headphones? Can you recommend a pair that will stay on during athletic activity?
keys: i try to run without. I just leave it at the security shack at my compound but if you can't, buy a spi-belt. it's all you need I keep it underneath my shirt cause not trying to get got by a stick up kid. Best part, there's no bounce. I've went on runs with like gum, 3 Gu's, & my iphone. You could barely tell I had it on
I run with a nano so I can store it in one of the zip pockets on my Nike shorts (loyal as fukk to Nike running shorts).
Headphones: i typically stay away from bluetooth/wireless joints. Battery drain plus I never found a pair that didn't fall out. I exclusively use Yurbuds. They have the wireless joints but I didn't like them that much. Can't go wrong with anything I recommended

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I never run with anything other than an ipod shuffle and headphones.

AQ4yLNFvEieMq6gZ.medium

Nice and light and clips on. Probably one of the best investments I've made for working out.

Don't use it for anything else. It stays in my gym bag with some Bose headphones
Boseie21.png

Headphones come with a nice bag that stores my ipod and headphones in nicely.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I never run with anything other than an ipod shuffle and headphones.

AQ4yLNFvEieMq6gZ.medium

Nice and light and clips on. Probably one of the best investments I've made for working out.

Don't use it for anything else. It stays in my gym bag with some Bose headphones
Boseie21.png

Headphones come with a nice bag that stores my ipod and headphones in nicely.
:blessed: Best one hands down

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Towel
iPhone and headphone for music
Knee sleeve for my knee
Towel( I sweat excessively)
Bottle of water