My intellectual brehs what are some good black documentaries

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Will be on a plane and then a train for 8 plus hours x2 in a week, instead of watching some media filth, might as well broaden my mind, what are some good documentaries, i know y'all got some gems.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
If you can find b*stards at the Party, its easily one of the best Black documentaries ever made. It was made by HBO back in the day and it details the history of the Crips and Bloods; it interviews many older members and shows how their gangs were strictly neighborhood improvement and protection from the racist police groups until federal subversiveness and drugs were pumped into their areas. Powerful historical documentary that needs a re-release.

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
The Upright man is a documentary that details the life of African leader Thomas Sankara who was the President of Burkina Faso.Another good documentary I watched is called Spies of Mississippi. The documentary shows how the government used Black spies to attempt to infiltrate and sabotage the Civil Rights movement.

Patriarch

#straightblackpride
Daps
PBS independent lens has heat. The aforementioned spies of Mississippi , soulfood junkies, and the trials of Muhammad Ali. The ali doc has very little to do about boxing -- this doc examines his relationship with the noi.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Will be on a plane and then a train for 8 plus hours x2 in a week, instead of watching some media filth, might as well broaden my mind, what are some good documentaries, i know y'all got some gems.
Where you goin breh?