NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town

I went because Dahmer was the most famous case of one when I was growing up. The story of what he did still reads like something out of a horror movie.

I expected a Lifetime movie treatment, but this movie took an entirely different approach. It doesn't even cover his crimes. It explores his family, environment, and personal in a really intriguing way that leaves you reflective. It never attempts to answer the question of what led Dahmer to do what he did, it just makes you think of the ways in which nature and nurture can create a special cocktail that breeds the kind of person that Dahmer is. One of the most interesting aspects of this movie is the way it depicts bullying. It's not the stereotypical shoving someone in the locker type of bullying. The people who befriend Dahmer are the ones mocking him, and the way the movie played the line between laughing with him and laughing at him was brilliant. Because it is a slippery slope, especially when the class clown is egging everyone to laugh at him 'cause he doesn't know any other way to make friends. That's probably the most disturbing part of the movie- it humanizes Dahmer, without asking for sympathy. It doesn't preach or pity, but it comes across as an honest depiction of a really fukked up person who perhaps could have been helped or at least stopped in a lot of ways before he started killing.

The guy who played Dahmer, Ross Lynch, completely nailed this role. I hear he's a Disney star and lead singer in a boy band? LOL. Like what in the world led him to take this role and how will it affect his fanbase and relationship with Disney? But whatever, this guy is a great actor.

This movie really disturbed me, and not one murder was depicted. I stayed up a few hours after we got home reading Dahmer's case files again, and let's just say I didn't sleep well last night.

I give it a 9 out of 10/two thumbs up.

Last edited:

spencerforhire

All Star
Daps
I saw this movie for free on YouTube. Pretty good, nothing super gory other than dead animals. Give it 8/10.