my flex zone

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
I know better :troll:

so was out in the venue last night (just moved to austin tx and thots everywhere :lupe:) now here I am, 5'7 and very overweight. One of the puffiest dudes in the spot.

Went home and looked at myself like :dahell:

I'm about to be 26 and I know full well... the flabby and sick phenomenon :flabbynsick:comes for us all eventually, but hell if I'm gonna sit by and let it happen.

Getting back into the gym, and just as important, addressing my poor diet with permanent healthy cooking and eating round the clock.

my goals are

nutrition

- cook and eat a diet rich in nutrients, protein, carbs, healthy fats
- only eat the food I make for myself (instead of eating out)
- stay within caloric limits daily
- no junk foods like excessive red bull, fast food
- increase testosterone to decent levels
- supplementing, monitoring thyroid health
( you dont usually see this in fitness logs but Imma track daily temperatures in morning to make sure
my thyroid is healthy. After I'm satisfied that it's good on daily basis, i'll stop talking about it.
body temperature should be 98.6. I'm also gonna get some blood tests done on myself to make sure I'm
healthy. my libido should be much higher than it is)

gym

- 3 times a week.
- starting with a slow cut to around 10 bf%
- lift hard and lift right. Form and fundamentals > weight. If i can't bench 150 lbs with slow controlled
movements I'm not skipping ahead to 170 to satisfy my ego.
I usually lift without music, paying attention to my breathing.
- focusing on, isolating, contracting muscles

My workout right now is pretty basic, my gym mentor (someone whos been working out many years)
told me to commit to a bare-bones routine for 3 months.

ill be talkin about my nutrition, my lifting, and some overall "how am I feeling" health talk as well.
ill update this about twice a week

Last edited:

M.O.N.E.Y.

No lie
Daps
Same height as you breh. Was an average dude in terms of shape, had a little belly but that's it. I'm good looking, so always got attention from chicks, but never had the confidence to do anything with it. Finished Uni, got depressed and put on a lot of weight, not obese but I got fat.

Now with the help of a strong family I was able to pull myself out of the depression. Then one day that exercise and free weights called to me. It took me two years, but now I'm an Adonis. Six pack, amazing skin, look younger than most people my age. I'm there. I have never got so much attention from girls like this. Like I said I always got looks, but now those looks are sexual, these chicks don't know how to act. Suddenly I feel like a man, they see me as a man, when before I took comfort in being seen as a kid because I had no self belief at all and it meant I had an excuse for not trying.

You can get there, just be consistent. Remember, the turtle won the race, not the hare.

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
Right now I am doing that starting strength workout, based around 5 sets, 5 reps per set, very very basic, ill continue to do this for another couple of months and then switch my routine up each month (just to be able to do something different).

Previous Week

Monday
Squats 5x5f: (to failure on last set): 100 lbs
Bench 5x5: 70 lbs
Back Row 3xF (to failure every set): 50 lbs
Pushups 3xF: 6 reps/set
Chinups 3xF: 1 rep/ set
Ab Crunches 3xF: 6 reps/set

Wednesday
Over Head Press 3x5: 20 lbs
(note, i dont go heavy on this lift because i can feel my shoulder pop unless i do this slowly and in a controlled motion. working way up)
Deadlift 3x5: 100 lbs
Pullups 3xF (to failure every set): 3 reps/set
Dips 3xF: 3 reps/set

Friday
Squats 5x5f: (to failure on last set): 110 lbs
Bench 5x5: 80 lbs
Pushups 3xF: 5 reps/set
Chinups 3xF: 3 rep/ set
Ab Crunches 3xF: 5 reps/set

Current Stats
5'7
218 lbs
30% bf
looking to get as low as 175 lbs, 10% bf or so.

Slaimon Khan Shah

SLAIMON KHAN SHAH = SHAOLIN MONK/S OF ISLAAM
Daps
Reppin
Denver, Colorado, United States of America
Right now I am doing that starting strength workout, based around 5 sets, 5 reps per set, very very basic, ill continue to do this for another couple of months and then switch my routine up each month (just to be able to do something different).

Previous Week

Monday
Bench 5x5: 70 lbs
Pushups 3xF: 6 reps/set
Chinups 3xF: 1 rep/ set

Wednesday
Over Head Press 3x5: 20 lbs
(note, i dont go heavy on this lift because i can feel my shoulder pop unless i do this slowly and in a controlled motion. working way up)
Deadlift 3x5: 100 lbs
Pullups 3xF (to failure every set): 3 reps/set
Dips 3xF: 3 reps/set

Friday
Squats 5x5f: (to failure on last set): 110 lbs
Bench 5x5: 80 lbs
Pushups 3xF: 5 reps/set
Chinups 3xF: 3 rep/ set
Ab Crunches 3xF: 5 reps/set

Current Stats
5'7
218 lbs
30% bf
looking to get as low as 175 lbs, 10% bf or so.
I highly, highly, highly recommend these two websites for you! www.HealthyMuslim.com and www.Mercola.com
It sounds like you pretty much know the very basics on how to achieve good health, which I think most people don't even know, so good for you!
A couple of tips, drink organic coffee made in filtered water to boost your metabolism and get major health benefits (backed by science just check out www.Mercola.com for that (up to even 50 ounces per day). Don't add creamer, if you'd like maybe add a little bit of Honey, no sugar.
Also, drink Organic Green Tea to boost metabolism and gain tons of health benefits just check out www.HealthyMuslim.com and www.Mercola.com for the amazing benefits. Use filtered (no fluoride no chlorine etc.) water though.
And of course drinking pure filtered cold water may be the world's healthiest drink so don't give up on water either!
No fruit juices from the stores and no iced tea, soda (especially not diet soda), etc.