muscle imbalances question

sinistersouth

Banned
Daps
Reppin
New York City. I mean Kansas.
is it possible to have a muscle imbalance when the complimentary areas aren't are small/weak? sometimes i get shoulder pain(anterior/posterior delts) when doing high volume calisthenics chest work, but not with weights. thing is, my shoulders are relatively strong/big, so i'm inclined to believe it's not an imbalance. i highly doubt it's a form breakdown because my form doesn't break down. but chest is the only body part i do high volume on. is it possible to have a muscular endurance imbalance and i really just need to do more high volume work for my shoulders/back if i'm going to continue high volume chest work?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Is it pain as in injury like you said at first or tire easily more like you said towards the end?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
pain. after a while usually, but sometimes at first. but not an injury - not that kind of pain
So muscle fatigue. I mean at the end of the day they are different movements (cals vs. weights) so there is a greater potential for that fatigue. My gut is that it’s a good thing because you are strict to form. The guy doing 100 bounced low range of motion push-ups arms isn’t going to feel it like the guy doing full range slower proper form reps. Those are also going to be different than a standard 3x12 bench press set. Doing them as negatives would be more one to one.

My thoughts if I’m understanding you correctly.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
is it possible to have a muscle imbalance when the complimentary areas aren't are small/weak? sometimes i get shoulder pain(anterior/posterior delts) when doing high volume calisthenics chest work, but not with weights. thing is, my shoulders are relatively strong/big, so i'm inclined to believe it's not an imbalance. i highly doubt it's a form breakdown because my form doesn't break down. but chest is the only body part i do high volume on. is it possible to have a muscular endurance imbalance and i really just need to do more high volume work for my shoulders/back if i'm going to continue high volume chest work?
What side is it on? You’d be surprised how much our sedentary lifestyle - the way we sit at desks - and repeat motions - such as using a mouse - or sleeping on one side can create knots, tenderness wear out joints etc

If it’s your right side, it might definitely be from computer use

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
:dwillhuh: right side mostly
Likely computer use. Try rolling under the blade with a lacrosse or tennis ball. You can do it on the floor or up against a wall. There are also some yoga poses that might help, particularly this one

images