Mulatto Tennis player says she isn't black or white

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
... Venus and Serena Williams have been complimentary of Keys, and Wednesday was no exception.

“It’s good to see another American, another African-American, in the semifinals playing so well,” Serena said. “Regardless, there’s going to be an American in the finals, so that is great. It’s also great for me and Venus because we know that finally there’s other Americans that are constantly playing well and playing better, showing that they want to be the world’s greatest.”

Keys said she deeply appreciated the sisters’ support. Asked whether she saw the symbolism in a young African-American player facing the Williams sisters in consecutive Australian Open matches, Keys, whose mother, Christine, is white and whose father, Rick, is black, said that she did. But she added that she preferred not to identify herself with a specific race.
“It’s something that’s always there obviously, but I’m very much right in the middle,” she said. “I don’t really think of it. I don’t really identify myself as white or African-American. I’m just me. I’m Madison.”

I hope this becomes a massive story. That bullshyt one drop rule needs to fukking go. Was going to post a pic but I don't want her looks to distract from the discussion at hand.

c00ns and self haters need to get this shyt through their thick skulls.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And that is absolutely a fair position to take. Whites won't know what to do with her, neither will blacks.

She will get the "But your black" treatment from whites when they dislike her, and the "But your black" treatment when blacks diagnose why she isn't liked.

Opposite that Whites will likely not accept her accomplishments as something they can champion, whereas blacks are more likely to (see Obama).

She has to deal with tit-for-tat from everybody, so it is fair if she withdraws and let everybody else bicker. She can't win. All she can do is not play.

no.

girls just wanna have funds
Daps
Reppin
BRASIL
No pics? :upsetfavre:

dscn7228.jpg

e223dc31fb4be3aa182b604f50bd9eba.jpg