mta station maintenance :wtf:

concise

Veteran
Daps
cIKL8.jpg

5psm2.jpg

149th & Grand Concourse station warning signs recently

been trying to find what levels are acceptable for different warning signs (think I'll just avoid this station for a while), but :pachaha: at them thinking people are actually going to not eat or drink, especially when they have the power to shut a station down completely and have never had a problem doing so before and inconveniencing millions of people :stopitslime:

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
cIKL8.jpg

5psm2.jpg

149th & Grand Concourse station warning signs recently

been trying to find what levels are acceptable for different warning signs (think I'll just avoid this station for a while), but :pachaha: at them thinking people are actually going to not eat or drink, especially when they have the power to shut a station down completely and have never had a problem doing so before and inconveniencing millions of people :stopitslime:

I would avoid the area generally to avoid the fumes. Think about it, they want you to avoid eating and drinking because you're ingesting something around hazardous material, and people tend to inhale/breathe really intensely when they eat and drink. If the fumes are so hazardous that they don't even want to risk people eating and drinking in the area, you're probably better off avoiding the area all together. They probably didn't shut it down completely so they could avoid disrupting the regular flow of commerce, but still put up the sign to try and avoid legal liability if need be.

In short, yeah. You're being smart by staying away.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
SAME REASON THERE IS NO EATING IN ANY LAB. FOOD SOAKS UP CHEMICALS SOMETHING TERRIBLE. GUM IS ONE OF THE WORST THINGS TO CHEW IN A LAB.

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
That's The Stop Right After (Or Before If Ya Going Uptown) Yankee Stadium

That's Home Right There :wow:

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
*wonders if this would happen in manhattan*

Breh, you do you know Yankee fans who take the 4 train to the Stadium have to pass though that station right? Yankee Stadium is the next stop after 149th GC going uptown.

The toxic fumes could get inside the train while its stopped there :ehh:

Also Chambers Street on the J line is right next to City Hall and is arguably the most :flabbynsick: station in the entire system.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
That's The Stop Right After (Or Before If Ya Going Uptown) Yankee Stadium

That's Home Right There :wow:

That stop is awful. Try getting a 4 train uptown during rush hour. It's impossible. I've seen people get in between the cars even the last car where if you fall that's on you just to get out of there. 4/5/6 are by far the worst trains in the system.

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
That stop is awful. Try getting a 4 train uptown during rush hour. It's impossible. I've seen people get in between the cars even the last car where if you fall that's on you just to get out of there. 4/5/6 are by far the worst trains in the system.

Yeah It's Horrible As Far As People Traffic, Being On The 4 Before A Yankee Game Is Pure Torture, I Use To Do It EVERY DAY, I Used To Get On At Grand Central So Imagine That, That Is Until My Job Transferred Me And I Started Taking The 1

Downstairs For 2/5 Train Is Probably The Most Disgusting Station In The City

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
The A line is the most :flabbynsick: line in the system. Anyone remember the OLD Jay St station before they fixed it up? We are still running on the r32 old type trains.

:what:

Yea those 32s are old but I like em :ld:

I don't live along the A line but if they put 32s on one of the lines that's near me I wouldn't mind TBH :ehh:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Yeah It's Horrible As Far As People Traffic, Being On The 4 Before A Yankee Game Is Pure Torture, I Use To Do It EVERY DAY, I Used To Get On At Grand Central So Imagine That, That Is Until My Job Transferred Me And I Started Taking The 1

Downstairs For 2/5 Train Is Probably The Most Disgusting Station In The City

3 Ave /138 on the 6 is the worst. If getting asthma is something you feel like getting before you die, just stay in that station for 20 minutes and it'll be yours. The rats are bigger than the gang members that roll through there. They don't do garbage pickup. If your train station is in the South Bronx and it's not Yankee Stadium or The Hub, consider it disgusting.