MoviePass Competitor Sinemia Launches New Unlimited Plan for 30/month (Standard Showings Only)

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
www.vulture.com/2018/09/sinemia-wants-to-be-your-new-moviepass.html

The allure of MoviePass was paying an absurdly low price to be able to see an unlimited number of movies in theaters. It seemed unsustainable from the start, because it was, and throughout the summer of scam the service skated on the edge of oblivion with service blackouts, fluctuating prices, feuding with theater chains, developing a Bruce Willis movie, and more. But with MoviePass on the ropes, other services are stepping up to take its place. Enter Sinemia, a company that’s already active in Australia, Canada, and parts of Europe, and will now be welcoming U.S. customers. No, you can’t see unlimited movies for $10 each month, but there are variable pricing plans where you can see three (2-D) movies for that much. (If you want access to extras like 3-D and IMAX, that three-movie plan will be $17.99 per month.) And yes, there is a high-volume plan that accounts for 30 tickets per month, or basically one movie per day, for $29.99, but that only includes standard showings.

Take note, though, that if you pick a monthly plan you will have to pay a one-time “initiation” fee of $19.99 on all plans except the biggest one, which requires an additional payment of $29.99 extra. Annual plans carry no initiation fees, but it does mean for the most expensive one you’ll be paying almost $360 up front. Also keep in mind that these are the special “fall promo” rates, which replaced the company’s recent “summer sale” rates. A representative for Sinemia says while the current pricing is not “entirely permanent,” the options will apply for the “foreseeable future.”

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
SINEMIA BEEN GREAT FOR ME THUS FAR, BUT THE FACEBOOK CONVENIENCE FEE WAIVER DOESNT SEEM TO BE WORKING ATM, UNLESS FACEBOOK STOPPED DOIN THAT? I DIDNT SEE ANY ANNOUNCEMENT

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
sinema reddit says it's been down all day.

and keep an eye out on the credit card you use w/ Sinemia, some users are reporting a 99 - 1.99 convenience fee when they buy tickets, this is separate from the online fees some theaters have.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
sinema reddit says it's been down all day.

and keep an eye out on the credit card you use w/ Sinemia, some users are reporting a 99 - 1.99 convenience fee when they buy tickets, this is separate from the online fees some theaters have.

THE CONVENIENCE FEE WAIVER HAS BEEN DOWN OR HAS FACEBOOK JUST ENDED IT?

I BOUGHT A CHILD TICKET AND PUT 0 FOR CONVENIENCE FEE, IT COMES OUT EVEN CHEAPER FOR SINEMIA THAT WAY - HOPE IT WORKS

SINEMIA WAS SMOOTH SAILING THE PAST COUPLE MOVIES I USED IT FOR, BUT ITS GUNA BE A BIITCH TO PAY CONVENIENCE EVERY TIME - FACEBOOK WAS A LIFESAVER

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Good to see more competition. Wonder when Regal will jump in the game.

AMC got the crown right now.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
SO I TRIED IT WITH A DIFFERENT FACEBOOK NAME AND THE CONVENIENCE FEE WAS WAIVED

I GUESS THERES A CAP ON HOW MANY CONVENIENCE FEES U CAN HAVE WAIVED??

WHACK

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
SO I TRIED IT WITH A DIFFERENT FACEBOOK NAME AND THE CONVENIENCE FEE WAS WAIVED

I GUESS THERES A CAP ON HOW MANY CONVENIENCE FEES U CAN HAVE WAIVED??

WHACK

no idea, never used it.
29 a month and you get 30 2d tickets a month :ohhh: if VR didnt exist I would be all over this.

Whats this fee shyt? If I see 30 movies in a month I gotta pay 1.99 each time on top of the monthly fee?

There's 2 different types of fees...there's the online fees from theaters sites like fandango, etc the one @Sccit is talking about. Those can be waived in various ways like the facebook promo or if you're a member of that theater, etc.

Then there's this new processing fee...sinemia don't tell you upfront, and it's hard to say because apparently it's not everyone, according to the reddit thread.

Here's the entire thread:

I think it's targeted more at people w/ physical cards - and they've been cardless since april since moviepass sued them

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
no idea, never used it.

There's 2 different types of fees...there's the online fees from theaters sites like fandango, etc the one @Sccit is talking about. Those can be waived in various ways like the facebook promo or if you're a member of that theater, etc.

Then there's this new processing fee...sinemia don't tell you upfront, and it's hard to say because apparently it's not everyone, according to the reddit thread.

Here's the entire thread:

I think it's targeted more at people w/ physical cards - and they've been cardless since april since moviepass sued them

YEA, I BELIEVE ITS ONLY FOR THOSE WITH A PHYSICAL CARD

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So this service is app based only? Might jump on this cause movie pass is fukking up

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
yeah, they generate a virtual card for you to make advance ticket purchases.

Some reddit people said you could do it at the theater by asking the clerk to pin in your CC# but most don't.

They used to offer a card but Moviepass sued them for infringement

The card version pretty much worked like MP but with more flexiblity

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So is that convenienc fee a new thing? I saw on reddit people saying they get a $3 charge when they get a ticket. That shyt adds up