Moviepass CEO discusses business model, sustanability, and longterm goals

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps

I know a lot of people have been asking in the threads how they make money and he goes over it.

Basically he says only a certain percentage of moviepass users use it frequently, but a large percentage of users will only use it around 10 times a year. So the low-end users will help offset the high-end users.

He frequently compares moviepass to early netflix, when blockbuster was running the video rental market and didn't have the foresight to see netflix coming. He was a VP for business development for netflix at the time. Talks about how netflix and amazon lost money for years, and how even today netlix is billions of dollars in debt for the content they produce, which he compares to what moviepass is doing.

*Sustainability

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

I know a lot of people have been asking in the threads how they make money and he goes over it.

Basically he says only a certain percentage of moviepass users use it frequently, but a large percentage of users will only use it around 10 times a year. So the low-end users will help offset the high-end users.

He frequently compares moviepass to early netflix, when blockbuster was running the video rental market and didn't have the foresight to see netflix coming. He was a VP for business development for netflix at the time. Talks about how netflix and amazon lost money for years, and how even today netlix is billions of dollars in debt for the content they produce, which he compares to what moviepass is doing.

*Sustainability

They also play games with that movies people can and can't see where.
Why Is MoviePass Blocking ‘Red Sparrow’ Ticket Purchases This Weekend?

Moviepass is trying to build up leverage against theaters to force them to negotiate. I doubt it will work with major chains.