More than a dozen police officers were caught texting about killing Black people & Black Children in California

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
The day after Torrance police shot Christopher DeAndre Mitchell in 2018, his mother and a dozen of his loved ones staged a protest outside the department’s headquarters.

At the same time, a group of officers — including the two who had killed Mitchell — were discussing the situation via text message.

“Was going to tell you all those [N-word] family members are all pissed off in front of the station,” one wrote, according to court documents recently reviewed by The Times.
Court records show the officers later mused about what might happen once the identities of those who shot the 23-year-old became public.

“Gun cleaning Party at my house when they release my name??” one asked.
“Yes absolutely let’s all just post in your yard with lawn chairs in a [firing] squad,” another replied.
Eight months ago, a Los Angeles Times investigation revealed portions of racist and homophobic text messages exchanged by at least a dozen Torrance police officers, a scandal that sparked an investigation by the California attorney general’s office.

Criminal cases in which the officers were involved continue to be dismissed, and at least one man has been released from prison. Lawsuits filed against officers involved have already cost Torrance more than $10 million. Still, most of the officers implicated remain employed by the city.

The state attorney general’s office filed a subpoena in May for thousands of pages of Torrance police records, but officials have declined to provide updates on the state investigation. Despite critics’ calls for a civilian board to oversee the Police Department — as Los Angeles has — there’s little evidence that Torrance officials have taken tangible steps toward reform since the scandal exploded.

And earlier this year, another trove of offensive texts came to light.

In response to a court filing from officers implicated in the scandal, the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office submitted an exhibit containing all 390 “anti-Semitic, racist, homophobic or transphobic remarks” allegedly made by the officers between 2018 and 2020. The documents, which were heavily redacted, included the comments about Mitchell’s loved ones and contained racist cartoons of Black and Latino residents as well as remarks about lynching suspects and killing Black children.

Officers have long been trying to suppress evidence of the texts, which were found last year shortly before prosecutors charged former Torrance police officers Christopher Tomsic and Cody Weldin with spray-painting a swastika inside a car.

A search warrant executed as part of that case found Tomsic, Weldin and at least 15 other officers had been exchanging racist, violent and homophobic messages for years, court records show. The officers’ attorneys argued the search went way beyond the scope of the criminal investigation, so most of the texts should be barred from use in prosecutions or internal disciplinary hearings.

Ironically, it was that move to suppress the texts that made them available, after the district attorney’s office filed its report on the messages in court.

Tomsic and Weldin left the police department in 2020 after the swastika incident. A spokesman wouldn’t say if they were fired or resigned.

If the city doesn’t act soon, other officers implicated in the texting scandal could avoid discipline. Under state law, officers generally must face discipline within one year of their agency learning about alleged misconduct. Records show the district attorney’s office recovered all of the racist messages last August, though it’s unclear when Torrance officials reviewed them.

Police Chief Jeremiah Hart declined to comment. Sgt. Mark Ponegalek, a Torrance police spokesman, declined to answer questions from The Times, citing ongoing investigations. But he insisted the agency is working toward reform and noted Torrance police have held meetings with state investigators and provided them with roughly 100,000 pages of documents.

Those affected by the officers under investigation said the seeming lack of action in Torrance is terrifying, but not surprising.

Sheila Bates, a Black Lives Matter organizer who has accused some of the officers of assault, said the department “cannot hold these officers accountable …They cannot keep the public safe.”

“They cannot keep their Black residents safe,” she continued.

I would suggest reading the entire article:

Most of them probably former military.
That's what the WS does, they join the military first and then join the police force.
Police get shytty weapons training, so WS end up being the only ones with weapons trainings and some combat training in the police force.
I'm just saying that because there's alot of pro-U.S. Military people here on the coli.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
And you still will have your threads and posts from your bleeding hearts who will piss their panties when someone says good riddance to these sacks of shyt
I don't know if you are referring to me because i'm the OP and I do sometimes say things like that.

If you were talking to me then my response to that is...
These types of threads exposing this shyt it's quite often me who makes the threads, I made threads exposing the racism with cops many times, the CIA, the FBI, Govt, Bankers, etc...
But i'm also the one who says Yooooo... Calm down ya'll.

This is because although I want everyone to know the truth, as I do, I do not allow it to throw me down a rabbit hole where such news has ownership of me and I become too extreme in my views and say they all like that.
I want to know the truth while doing my best to remain somewhat unbiased but not naive either.

IMO this is the correct path to take in life.

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
We need more officers like Lonzo to keep these cac terrorists in their place.
:myman:

He’s based off of a real LAPD detective too.
:ufdup:

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired

rafael-perez-training-day.jpg

Lonzo is based off of Rafael Perez. An Afro Puerto Rican LAPD CRASH detective. That unit was full of fukkery. They had Black detectives with the shyts. There was an openly racist white officer that had literally killed a Black undercover detective (and got away with it). Some Black Detectives set the racist white officer up with some cocaine as payback. They were even gonna kill him as revenge.

Racist white officer and the brother he killed below…
picture-736180.jpg

Anyway…Rafael Perez ended up getting caught up and serving a little time in prison for his shenanigans. He’s been out for a long ass time though. I think he owns businesses and shyt. He still lives in LA with no fukks to give.

You can look all of this up and there’s plenty of YouTube videos and interviews with former officers. All types of articles and Wikipedias too.

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-images.ladbible.com%2Fs3%2Fcontent%2F27dab6e360d5782887e8683cfec50f3b.jpg

vidp.jpg

DX2VunyXUAAVEtB.jpg

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
rafael-perez-training-day.jpg

Lonzo is based off of Rafael Perez. An Afro Puerto Rican LAPD CRASH detective. That unit was full of fukkery. They had Black detectives with the shyts. There was an openly racist white officer that had literally killed a Black undercover detective (and got away with it). Some Black Detectives set the racist white officer up with some cocaine as payback. They were even gonna kill him as revenge.

Racist white officer and the brother he killed below…
picture-736180.jpg

Anyway…Rafael Perez ended up getting caught up and serving a little time in prison for his shenanigans. He’s been out for a long ass time though. I think he owns businesses and shyt. He still lives in LA with no fukks to give.

You can look all of this up and there’s plenty of YouTube videos and interviews with former officers. All types of articles and Wikipedias too.

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-images.ladbible.com%2Fs3%2Fcontent%2F27dab6e360d5782887e8683cfec50f3b.jpg

vidp.jpg

DX2VunyXUAAVEtB.jpg

Never even knew training day was based on a real person. :myman: