More layoffs at Activision. Toys For Bob offices closing

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

We were told this acquisition was great for gaming and Sony were simply whining. They told us Crash Bandicott was safe and they’ll be revitalising Banjo, etc. Well….

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

We were told this acquisition was great for gaming and Sony were simply whining. They told us Crash Bandicott was safe and they’ll be revitalising Banjo, etc. Well….

Sony was trying to protect their dominance in a field from a perceived threat. Sony themselves have been laying people off so are you really gonna sit up there and pretend they where some hero championing for the little guys that get laid off?

From what I understand Activision put a freeze on those sorts of personnel decisions until the merger went through. It's easy to say these layoffs are caused by this merger but when you look around the industry at what other companies are doing that doesn't hold up. To pretend that if this merger didn't happen all these jobs would have been preserved is beyond laughable. Activision would have been laying people off just like other companies in the field.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony was trying to protect their dominance in a field from a perceived threat. Sony themselves have been laying people off so are you really gonna sit up there and pretend they where some hero championing for the little guys that get laid off?

From what I understand Activision put a freeze on those sorts of personnel decisions until the merger went through. It's easy to say these layoffs are caused by this merger but when you look around the industry at what other companies are doing that doesn't hold up. To pretend that if this merger didn't happen all these jobs would have been preserved is beyond laughable. Activision would have been laying people off just like other companies in the field.
Yes Sony has also been laying people off but it was not Sony who paid over $70bn for a company and told regulators their job was not only safe but theyll be developing more games not firing them and closing down their offices.

Not sure why you’re even bringing Sony into this.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Oh I’m sleeping 8hrs a day fully. Things have never been good :ahh:

Shame I can’t say the same for you xbots though :umad:

IMG-6509.jpg

Damn this shyt so serious got you posting in your sleep.

:mjcry:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Be worried about xbox in the middle of all the nights brehs

IMG-6510.jpg

Was this during your 8 hours of sleep too?? :mjlol:
This Xbox mess is currently messing with your mental health. It’s alright breh, they’ll still be around. They ain’t going anywhere :therethere:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yes Sony has also been laying people off but it was not Sony who paid over $70bn for a company and told regulators their job was not only safe but theyll be developing more games not firing them and closing down their offices.

Not sure why you’re even bringing Sony into this.
I brought them into this? Look at your original post and notice if you see the word Sony.