More important for getting a job: school you graduated from or gpa?

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
right now for my major my school is ranked in the top 10 in the USA. my gpa right now is on some :shaq2: shyt because i didn't take the first few years as seriously as i should have. lately been getting all B's or B+'s in major though.

will i be okay since the school is good? im majoring in business information technology btw

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
GPA doesnt matter after you first job.

Just dont put it on your resume?

or lie :unsure:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
right now for my major my school is ranked in the top 10 in the USA. my gpa right now is on some :shaq2: shyt because i didn't take the first few years as seriously as i should have. lately been getting all B's or B+'s in major though.

will i be okay since the school is good? im majoring in business information technology btw

Larger/better school=bigger potential network

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
school is more important but gpa should be good at least

mine is like a 3.7 at the school I am at which is probably a 2nnd tier canadian business school. I plan on transferring to the best school though in my country after i do this internship. Gonna have to pay 20 k a year and go to year three but its worth it.

check out this recruiting info
http://www.ivey.uwo.ca/docs/placement-reports/IveyHBA-Summer-Employment-Report.pdf
http://www.ivey.uwo.ca/docs/placement-reports/IveyHBA-Permanent-Employment-Report.pdf

:lawd:

these nikkas got Private equity and consulting firms hiring right out of undergrad :damn:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Depends.
If you are applying for "Super-Rich People consulting company", then the old school buddy system goes into effect and if their employees graduated from Harvard University or whatever elite school, they will want to hire someone from their alma mater (almond matter) over someone who graduated from another school. Why? Prestige. They surround themselves with people of 'like' education. You could graduate with a 4.0 but if you graduated from an okay school, they are going to shuffle your resume below everyone else's resumes where they attended an elite school. Mr. Bob Smith graduated with a 2.4 at <snooty school> but I got a 4.0 from another school and they are going to hire him. That's not fair? They can and they do.

If you are applying for a non-elite company, then a good grade is going to get you farther. Don't sweat it though.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I got like a 2.3 or some shyt. My school got me on some Academic counseling shyt :laff: hating ass nikkas. Was supposed to meet with them but I blew that shyt off. fukk that shyt b.

Anyway, after this term I got 3 more classes and I got that young bachelors on deck. I'll tell an employer straight up that I got a 3.9. I'll lie to that nikka face I don't give a fukk. If they find out and get mad, then fukk them nikkas :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
I got like a 2.3 or some shyt. My school got me on some Academic counseling shyt :laff: hating ass nikkas. Was supposed to meet with them but I blew that shyt off. fukk that shyt b.

Anyway, after this term I got 3 more classes and I got that young bachelors on deck. I'll tell an employer straight up that I got a 3.9. I'll lie to that nikka face I don't give a fukk. If they find out and get mad, then fukk them nikkas :yeshrug:

i always wondered, once they find out, is there a legal course of action they can take? and would they even bother to check once they hired you?

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
do you suggest i start kissing the professors asses from here on out in hopes of a good recommendation? or just start networking more with classmates? :ld:

YES, get your professors to stand by you

Your classmates may help you, but its better to intern and network with professionals see if anyone can steer you in a good direction:youngsabo: