More Entertaining: 1979-91 Magic Johnson's Showtime Lakers VS 2009-21 Lebron James The Decision, Heatles, Cavs, Lakers, On & Offseason Fukkery

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
I'm not old enough to remember how crazy the Showtime Lakers were. But watching how live the Lakers were with Shaq and Kobe, i can kind of imagine. I'd say for the time and with the NBA not being so popular, the NBA probably owes Magic and the Lakers Billions of dollars. They grew the NBA. They made it cool for celebrities to be courtside and be seen at games. Nothing like courtside Lakers seats.

Then came Jordan and I'd say Shaq that carried the torch thru the 90s. You got to be 40 to know 90s basketball. So young cats, chill out. Kobe and AI towards the late 90s and 2000s. When Jordan retired and Shaq left the Lakers, the NBA was still great and entertaining, but it wasn't crazy. Kobe held it down. Boston was great, But There was no consistent unadulterated fukkery we've learned to love. Not until the July 8, 2010.

July 8, 2010 The Decision. :lolbron:

I don't know who's idea it was to televise it on ESPN, but it was genius looking back, but horrid at the time. Lebron going to Miami was like Hulk Hogan and the NWO taken over WCW.

nwo-1z8pkzn_crop_exact.jpg
LeBron-James-Big-Three-Miami-Heat.jpg

13 Million people tuned in for this last min put together show.

And then the Lebron stated the Infamous "not 1.. not 2... Not 3.... not 4..." :mjlol: Bron really was NWO Hulk Hogan.

And then the jersey burning started. Dan Gilbert's letter. They created the corny name the Heatles . Had to be Brian Winhorst.

The Heat were so polarizing. The most polarizing actually.

And it was 4 years of craziness and fukkery.

Losing to the Mavs

Deshawn Stevenson

Beating the Celtics and Spurs

Ray Allen big Jumper

Then he went back to Cavs.

Ya'll might not remember but every offseason no player would sign until they figured out what Bron would do 1st. :whew: That's powers. Bron made the NBA the top topic even in the offseason.

I can't even finish the rest. But you have to say, Bron has provided us with so much entertainment this pass 20 years, especially the last 15. The way players do business and control their own destinies has changes. The NBA owes Bron a Billion dollars easily.