MILTON MILLS – Traditional African Diet vs Today’s Plate of Plantation Food

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
Most Black folks do not eat "plantation food" on a day to day basis.

Food deserts due to racist city planning and junk/fast food is a much larger problem.
Basically.

These clowns will lecture about a “traditional African diet” but couldn’t name you one traditional African dish.
:skip:

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
:patrice:

:jbhmm:
1 star thread. Nobody is eating chitterlings day in day out. Matter a fact the whole "soul food is unhealthy" argument is vastly overblown. Go ask someone like my ma who grew up on a farm until around middle school and she'll tell you most of their diet was vegetable based. People couldn't afford alot of extra meat short of what they raised.
cookn%20up%20sum.gif

More substantive problems are...
People not eating for their activity level
People eating pre-made high caloric / low vitamin foods like potato chips, soda, fast food, etc etc
People having to manage exorbited stresses from a "white supremacist" society
People not getting enough sun light (converts cholesterol into vitamin D)

Agreed
yep.png

As a matter a fact I'd put AA culinary tradition up against damn near anyone else in this country in terms of balance & variety.

• Italian is a bunch of starch & cheese
  • "American"(hamburgers, hot dogs, fries, etc)... self explanitory
  • Mexican is a bit better on the starch & variety of vegetables but still meat heavy and variety of vegetables are nowhere near what AA use
  • Chinese starch & meat heavy ...good variety of vegetables though
I could go on and on. Greek & japanese food is cool. Indian is ok also, but remember when we(I) talk about soul food we(I) are talking about the totality of the AA culinary canon
  • BBQ
  • Creole
  • Basic(collards, black eyed peas, sweet potatoes, fish, pork, pecans, peanuts, peaches & plumes etc etc )
  • Health(the whole eat to live paradigm that came out of NOI and other vegetarian based traditions that poped up in the 60-70s)
  • etc

As a matter a fact our culinary cannon is as varied as our musical cannon. No other ethnic group in america has the shear variety of foods on offer. Closest maybe the Chinese.

Random ...I know, but still

:mjlol: