midnight screenings are still GOAT....

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
as a sci fi/fantasy geek that actually gets hyped for movie releases and the feeling of camaraderie @ midnite screenings... I really hope one nut job doesn't ruin this for the fans of these types of venues.
i've done screenings for ...Matrix...LOTR...Star Wars and Harry Potter. part of the fun is seeing geeks dress up like characters and seeing kids get their pictures taken with them etcetera.
people are usually extra outgoing....media press outside the theater(sometimes) and just an overall "electric" good time vibe in the air. AMC is already banning costumes for now which is understandable ....but i will continue to post up at theaters for midnight screenings. Geek Unit. :jawalrus:

emac

Rookie
Daps
as a sci fi/fantasy geek that actually gets hyped for movie releases and the feeling of camaraderie @ midnite screenings... I really hope one nut job doesn't ruin this for the fans of these types of venues.
i've done screenings for ...Matrix...LOTR...Star Wars and Harry Potter. part of the fun is seeing geeks dress up like characters and seeing kids get their pictures taken with them etcetera.
people are usually extra outgoing....media press outside the theater(sometimes) and just an overall "electric" good time vibe in the air. AMC is already banning costumes for now which is understandable ....but i will continue to post up at theaters for midnight screenings. Geek Unit. :jawalrus:
Nah, won't change a thing. Maybe costumes at some theaters but you can sneak a handgun in a hoody. Until we are forced to go to theater naked people will always sneak in food, sneak in ppl through the emergency exits and occasionally a weapon and act a fool.

emac

Rookie
Daps
I think things will slow down for a few movies then pick back up....

Why would you think that? Is it the time? This crime could have happened at 3pm today with the exact same results (packed theater, people killed and injured, and the guy just giving up/waiting for the cops)

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
Why would you think that? Is it the time? This crime could have happened at 3pm today with the exact same results (packed theater, people killed and injured, and the guy just giving up/waiting for the cops)

I think its the time breh.... If this happened at 3pm ppl would be like "damn that was just some crazy dude" :skip:

I think there is a certain level of danger/taboo in ppls minds when u do something (even a movie:yeshrug: that late)

I could be wrong though :yeshrug:

Scotch Hall

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#TSC and surgical shoes

first time reading this word on the-coli :krs:

:dead: