MIDI controllers - which one you using?

Deoji

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Zone 6 via PG County
I've been using this Akai MPK 25 for a minute now and it serves its purpose but i want more pads and keys. Plus I'm not too fond of the pads. Thinking about getting the Axiom AIR 25 especially since it just dropped to $199

AxiomAIR25.jpg

But Alesis just announced a new VI line

Alesis-VI49-e1390442619560-640x211.jpg

Anybody use the Axiom Air or Alesis controllers? Or is there another controller you recommend?

:patrice:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
I'm using the arturia minilab. i bought it to use with my iPad synths but ended up using it for my laptop too

arturia-minilab.jpg

i was looking into the axiom air 25 because i really want 16 pads. but the support for the newest DAW's has been lacking. they seem to be pushing that AIR ignite shyt real hard for some reason. NAMM starts in a couple hours we should be seeing some new shyt soon

Deoji

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Zone 6 via PG County
I'm using the arturia minilab. i bought it to use with my iPad synths but ended up using it for my laptop too

arturia-minilab.jpg

i was looking into the axiom air 25 because i really want 16 pads. but the support for the newest DAW's has been lacking. they seem to be pushing that AIR ignite shyt real hard for some reason. NAMM starts in a couple hours we should be seeing some new shyt soon

You're right. I played around with the air at guitar center for a minute and i like it. I know AKAI is announcing all new MPKs at NAMM so we'll see. Yeah i liked the Arturia as well. Check this out

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/namm-2014/

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
You're right. I played around with the air at guitar center for a minute and i like it. I know AKAI is announcing all new MPKs at NAMM so we'll see. Yeah i liked the Arturia as well. Check this out

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/namm-2014/
yea I'm over there now lol. looking at the break tweaker video

i had the mpk 61 but the keys were so stiff my hands stayed sore. if they loosened the keys i may get a new one. that was hands down the easiest midi KB to set up and control everything

PUT IN WORK

The East
Daps
Reppin
The East
Yeah I thought about going that route. 49 keys and seperate pad controllers. It is seamless or do you have change the MIDI input when you want to use the pads?
It's very seamless, both are USB plug and play. You can use both at the same time or you can lock one to a particular VST or device.

macadomusic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been using this Akai MPK 25 for a minute now and it serves its purpose but i want more pads and keys. Plus I'm not too fond of the pads. Thinking about getting the Axiom AIR 25 especially since it just dropped to $199

AxiomAIR25.jpg

But Alesis just announced a new VI line

Alesis-VI49-e1390442619560-640x211.jpg

Anybody use the Axiom Air or Alesis controllers? Or is there another controller you recommend?

:patrice:
i have the Alesis q25. my m audio joint gave out. copped it at Sam Ashe for 60 and made some beautiful shyt. keys are a little tight but its solid

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AvidKeyStudio_header.jpg

Simple and should get the job done until I decide
to upgrade (that is if I ever decide I need to !)