Microsoft Surface Duo (Android Foldable Phone)

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
As a gamer I'm highly interested to see how Nintendo 3DS emulation will feel on this due to the dual screen gaming example shown in the video. As an artist I'm excited that we can use the Surface Pen with this phone. As a writer, using one screen as a keyboard looks interesting as well. I hope it has good battery life. It better be durable.

surface-duo-real-world-video.jpg

surface-duo-official-video-1-amxd.jpg

"The Surface Duo has a single camera above the right display, which, thanks to the 360-degree hinge, acts as the front and rear camera. The video shows a new white circle next to that camera, so now it seems like you'll get a rear (and front) flash."
Microsoft’s first-ever Android Phone, the Surface Duo, spotted in the wild

Now that's a dope.

Surface Duo: 8 specs we don't know
  • A 360-degree hinge means you can fold one screen flat against the other to hold it like a note pad.
  • You get a total of 8.3 inches of screen real estate.
  • There's no outer screen -- you have to fully open the device to use it.
  • Phone calls come in on the Duo's right screen.
  • It supports the Surface Pen, which you may need to buy separately.
  • The Surface Duo has thick screen bezels, but that might help keep you from accidentally tapping while you hold it.
  • You can drag and drop items, like a phone number, from one screen to the other.
  • It appears to have a digital cursor (although that could just be a visual aid in the video).
Surface Duo specs
  • Two 5.6-inch displays (resolution and display technology unknown)
  • 8.3 inches of total screen real estate
  • Snapdragon 855
  • 4.8mm thin
  • Fingerprint reader
  • USB-C charger

Last edited:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Been interested since Microsoft announced this back in like September. With the Galaxy S20, guess thats the Galaxy 11 new name, not really doing much but focusing on the camera, I'm not no professional photographer or anything, I'm not really interested in getting that. Plus that Z Flip I'm not liking the design and that upwards flip mode. Maybe the'll release a galaxy flip with the same concept design as the Duo and I'll upgrade to that. But I see no point in getting another Samsung if my Galaxy 9 still works fine and they not really doing anything innovative this year. Would rather save my money and wait for this phone to come out. I'm hoping Samsung does have something being thought up tho.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
The previous windows phones was considered lacking because it didn't have Google's ecosystem. Now that it does, and it's a surface?

If it cost less than Samsung and apple then it's already won. I already feel like i need this more than I need a new PC

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
no

it was interesting when they announced it like 12 years ago tho