Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I know what I'd like to see happen. Go buy WBD and make DC games exclusive.

WBD market cap $31B
ABK market cap $68B

its-over-over.gif

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Gamepass is what fukked them. That's what they mean by cloud gaming. They're saying Microsoft would put the Activision games on Gamepass and not allow them to go to other systems. But if they blocked the merger, Activision would put them on all cloud services anyway.

Monthly active users in the UK more than tripled from the start of 2021 to the end of 2022. It is forecast to be worth up to £11 billion globally and £1 billion in the UK by 2026. By way of comparison, sales of recorded music in the UK in 2021 amounted to £1.1billion.

The cloud allows UK gamers to avoid buying expensive gaming consoles and PCs and gives them much more flexibility and choice as to how they play. (GAMEPASS)
The deal would reinforce Microsoft’s advantage in the market by giving it control over important gaming content such as Call of Duty, Overwatch, and World of Warcraft. The evidence available to the CMA indicates that, absent the merger, Activision would start providing games via cloud platforms in the foreseeable future.

Microsoft already accounts for an estimated 60-70% of global cloud gaming services
and has other important strengths in cloud gaming from owning Xbox, the leading PC operating system (Windows) and a global cloud computing infrastructure (Azure and Xbox Cloud Gaming).

Microsoft’s proposal contained a number of significant shortcomings connected with the growing and fast-moving nature of cloud gaming services:

• It did not sufficiently cover different cloud gaming service business models, including multigame subscription services.
  • It was not sufficiently open to providers who might wish to offer versions of games on PC operating systems other than Windows.
  • It would standardise the terms and conditions on which games are available, as opposed to them being determined by the dynamism and creativity of competition in the market, as would be expected in the absence of the merger.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
Hope the gun come out the holster now when it comes to everything else. :blessed:They tried it the "reasonable way"

Gun out the holster? Maybe MS should focus on the other 25+ studios they got now? Where they guns at?

When is Ninja Theory going to release something other than high res photos of a damn stove?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Gun out the holster? Maybe MS should focus on the other 25+ studios they got now? Where they guns at?

When is Ninja Theory going to release something other than high res photos of a damn stove?
With comments like this y’all pretend games just pop out of nowhere.

What do you think Ninja Theory is doing :dahell:

BBG

Superstar
Daps
I know what I'd like to see happen. Go buy WBD and make DC games exclusive.

WBD market cap $31B
ABK market cap $68B
Spider man-playstation

Superman/Batman- Xbox :ohhh:

Even though I have abandoned my post at waitbox HQ, this is still not good news for me. Every time Microsoft bought/merged with a company, they flooded the gamepass library with their shyts. So I know soon after the merger went through there would be a gang of shyt I haven't played to try out. I really don't understand why Sony stans shyt on Xbox. Y'all won the console war a decade ago to where it's not even a competition and hasn't been for years, and gamepass is not a threat to y'all. You too can benefit because you can stream GP on pretty much any damn thing.

Stan wars are funny and all but only a few Sony heads here actually understand why the Xbox brand is still needed in this field. Y'all be talking like y'all threatened by Xbox or something even after all these years of Ls they've accumulated. It'd be like if Lebron started barking back on Dillon Brooks.

Yes, XBOX is Dillon Brooks status.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Spider man-playstation

Even though I have abandoned my post at waitbox HQ, this is still not good news for me. Every time Microsoft bought/merged with a company, they flooded the gamepass library with their shyts. So I know soon after the merger went through there would be a gang of shyt I haven't played to try out. I really don't understand why Sony stans shyt on Xbox. Y'all won the console war a decade ago to where it's not even a competition and hasn't been for years, and gamepass is not a threat to y'all. You too can benefit because you can stream GP on pretty much any damn thing.

Stan wars are funny and all but only a few Sony heads here actually understand why the Xbox brand is still needed in this field. Y'all be talking like y'all threatened by Xbox or something even after all these years of Ls they've accumulated. It'd be like if Lebron started barking back on Dillon Brooks.

I dont think anyone is actually worried about xbox here, its just fun to stan. xbox is needed and they actually need to compete by producing games rather than relying on M&A to save their platform.

They got a good idea and they got the developers. They need to execute at this point

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Spider man-playstation

These nikkas actually have Gamepass subscriptions and still be on here arguing against games coming to it and hoping they are bad.

Weirdo behavior :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Just like people who ran out and bought ps5’s here actively root against sony :sas2:
Who here actively roots against sony?

Again, it’s all you. You make all the threads. You make all the arguments. All the flip flops, all the contradictions. All the hide an disappear when i’m wrong, come back talking hella shyt when i might be right. It’s all you. Arguing with strawmen you put up and telling yourself it’s everyone else doing it. It’s You :francis: