Michael: The Michael Jackson Biopic from Antoine Fuqua, Starring Jaafar Jackson | April 18, 2025

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
- Jaafar Jackson in his first major role:jbhmm:

- Written by John Logan:why:
330px-John_Logan_headshot_color_2009.jpg

- "Logan is openly gay" :dahell:

- Antoine Fuqua directing :what:

Idk about this:francis:
His heavily religious family could never let Mike be portrayed as :wrist:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
- Jaafar Jackson in his first major role:jbhmm:

- Written by John Logan:why:
330px-John_Logan_headshot_color_2009.jpg

- "Logan is openly gay" :dahell:

- Antoine Fuqua directing :what:

Idk about this:francis:

Logan is the same guy who wrote Bohemian Rhapsody, which made a gazillion dollars so that was a factor.

Also the film is being made with the full support of the Jackson estate and the Jackson family, so everyone important INCLUDING Michael’s own nephew is onboard with this project. This is literally the best it could get beyond somebody like Spike Lee directing

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
His heavily religious family could never let Mike be portrayed as :wrist:

its not about him being portrayed gay....its about the people telling his story-

Logan is the same guy who wrote Bohemian Rhapsody, which made a gazillion dollars so that was a factor.

Also the film is being made with the full support of the Jackson estate and the Jackson family, so everyone important INCLUDING Michael’s own nephew is onboard with this project. This is literally the best it could get beyond somebody like Spike Lee directing

its nice that his family is involved and approve it, but the people behind making the actual movie ain't an all-star team.....we gonna see though.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
He looks enough like Michael naturally because he’s directly related but I must say whoever is doing the makeup and styling is winning themselves a muthafukking Oscar because what their accomplishing is both unprecedented and dare I say tastefully done.

I love Michael Jackson. Huge fan all of my life. But we have to be honest with ourselves here, not only did the man suffer from Vitiligo, but he also voluntarily subjected himself to SIX different nose operations, tattooed eyebrows and put a goddamn CLEFT in his chin. The man had major body dysmorphia. It would be hard for ANY actor to physically embody that sort of drastic transformation. So the fact that their making Jafaar look as much like adult Michael without going into cartoony territory is a testament to the respect and skill all involved are showcasing.

The way I see it is, if you look at Michael from the time he was about 12 until 21 (just after Off The Wall era) he looked in line with Jermaine and Jackie. Those three favored each other while Marlon and Tito favored each other (Randy also favored Michael and Jermaine) so in my mind, if Michael had never surgically altered his face and hadn’t suffered Vitiligo he would have ended up looking like a skinnier Jermaine. Jafaar is Jermaine’s son and favors his father, who favored Michael. So he’s going to look as much as like Michael as genetically possible. Joseph had very strong genes

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
He looks enough like Michael naturally because he’s directly related but I must say whoever is doing the makeup and styling is winning themselves a muthafukking Oscar because what their accomplishing is both unprecedented and dare I say tastefully done.

I love Michael Jackson. Huge fan all of my life. But we have to be honest with ourselves here, not only did the man suffer from Vitiligo, but he also voluntarily subjected himself to SIX different nose operations, tattooed eyebrows and put a goddamn CLEFT in his chin. The man had major body dysmorphia. It would be hard for ANY actor to physically embody that sort of drastic transformation. So the fact that their making Jafaar look as much like adult Michael without going into cartoony territory is a testament to the respect and skill all involved are showcasing.

The way I see it is, if you look at Michael from the time he was about 12 until 21 (just after Off The Wall era) he looked in line with Jermaine and Jackie. Those three favored each other while Marlon and Tito favored each other (Randy also favored Michael and Jermaine) so in my mind, if Michael had never surgically altered his face and hadn’t suffered Vitiligo he would have ended up looking like a skinnier Jermaine. Jafaar is Jermaine’s son and favors his father, who favored Michael. So he’s going to look as much as like Michael as genetically possible. Joseph had very strong genes

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

The Jackson 5 have found their harmony once again for the upcoming biopic “Michael” from director Antoine Fuqua and producer Graham King.

Jackson’s nephew, Jaafar Jackson, plays the King of Pop, with Juliano Krue Valdi as the younger Michael.

Likewise, Jamal R. Henderson plays Jermaine Jackson in his later years, while Jayden Harville plays the younger version. Tre Horton and Jaylen Lyndon Hunter share the role of Marlon Jackson; Rhyan Hill and Judah Edwards are Tito; and Joseph David-Jones and Nathaniel Logan McIntyre play the elder and younger versions of Jackie Jackson, respectively.

“The truly epic nature of this film required a total of ten actors with the talent to portray the Jackson 5 through the years,” said King announcing the casting. “I’m thrilled to bring this extraordinary group of actors and performers to worldwide audiences in this film.”

FrankieLymon757

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Finally doing justice for Marlon cause I dunno what they was thinking wit the American Dream teenage and adult versions...