Michael: The Michael Jackson Biopic from Antoine Fuqua, Starring Jaafar Jackson | April 18, 2025

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
This will have to have a run time of like 3 plus hours to even begin to fit Mike's story in a big screen biopic. Even that might not still be enough time with all the shyt Mike had going on over the years. I kind of feel that this being like a 10 episode series on HBO or Netflix with a HUGE budget would work better.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This will have to have a run time of like 3 plus hours to even begin to fit Mike's story in a big screen biopic. Even that might not still be enough time with all the shyt Mike had going on over the years. I kind of feel that this being like a 10 episode series on HBO or Netflix with a HUGE budget would work better.

I agree, I think they may set the film in a period of his life and use flash backs

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
This is one of the most difficult biopics you can make man.
They honestly shouldn't make it. And Fuqua isn't the one for do it. Mike had too much notoriety that everything will be scrutinized and no one will be happy even if it's good. I said in another thread they need to wait another 20 or so years like the Elvis biopic so everything isn't so fresh in the head OR just do a segment of his life, not the whole life.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
That Jacksons and Temptations miniseries are certified blassics no doubt.

When I was a kid I thought the Jackson was a documentary. I legit just thought all of it was real footage

VY2wmdR.png

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
They honestly shouldn't make it. And Fuqua isn't the one for do it. Mike had too much notoriety that everything will be scrutinized and no one will be happy even if it's good. I said in another thread they need to wait another 20 or so years like the Elvis biopic so everything isn't so fresh in the head OR just do a segment of his life, not the whole life.

Spike Lee was the one to make this movie. Not only did he have a personal relationship with Michael but he already has the history, lore, and research down with doing the Off The Wall and Bad documentaries. But Spike DEFINITELY would have dived into the racial aspect of what the Jackson journey represents regarding the African American experience and producers can’t have that for a biopic of this magnitude.