Michael: The Michael Jackson Biopic from Antoine Fuqua, Starring Jaafar Jackson | April 18, 2025

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
So there is an article on Puck.net from a guy whose read the script

I’m paraphrasing but according to him

-The film starts with Michael at Neverland Ranch looking out of the window as cops come to raid his house

-The film “aggressively” defends Michael and takes the viewpoint that Michael was naive and the parents of the children, wanting money, take advantage of Michael’s good hearted nature. The film explicitly references a taped recording of the first accusor’s father admitting he wants money and his son’s well being is irrelevant to him

-The film paints Joseph as the movie’s villain and is described as someone who emotionally and physically abused Michael and stripped him of his childhood. Which Michael fights to regain and relive throughout his life

-John Branca and Johnnie Cochran have a discussion in the film regarding the 1993 allegations and describe them as an “extortion attempt”

-There’s grueling scene of police stripping Michael naked and taking pictures of his genitalia. “This assault, this scorching trauma, will shake him to the core and never leave him,” the script reads.

-and at one point, Branca says, “It’s not the kids I’m worried about, it’s the parents. He’s opening his door to tons of people we don’t know. And there’s a lot of greedy people in the world.” Later, Michael laments to his lawyers, “I tell the truth—and it doesn’t matter. I’ve been around kids my whole life, but now they’ve turned it into something ugly.”

-Only the 1993 incident is dramatized. The other allegations are not mentioned in the script

-The script focuses on and is chalk full of Michael’s music. There are about 20 Jackson 5 and MJ songs referenced in the script and at least 5 montage sequences set to his music

-budget is set at $155 Million, making it one of the highest budgeted biopics of all time. The studio is counting on foreign box office to make up the gross, as Michael remains popular around the world.

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
At the end of this movie, MJ needs to return home to find Larenz Tate’s Quincy Jones waiting for him:

QUINCY: “I’m putting together a group of remarkable people to see if they could become something more. I’m here to talk to you about the USA for Africa initiative. :birdman:

USA-for-America.jpg

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

The upcoming Michael Jackson biopic “Michael” is embracing the Motown sound — announcing key castings including Larenz Tate as Motown Records founder and impresario Berry Gordy and Kat Graham as the legendary Diana Ross.

Other new cast members include Jessica Sula (as LaToya Jackson) Liv Symone (as Gladys Knight),
Kevin Shinick (as dikk Clark), KeiLyn Durrel (as Jackson’s trusted friend and confidante Bill Bray) and Kendrick Sampson (as industry icon Quincy Jones).

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
At the end of this movie, MJ needs to return home to find Larenz Tate’s Quincy Jones waiting for him:

QUINCY: “I’m putting together a group of remarkable people to see if they could become something more. I’m here to talk to you about the USA for Africa initiative. :birdman:

USA-for-America.jpg

This legit made me laugh out loud. Good on ‘ya!