Michael Mann to write "Heat" novel prequel which may lead to movie

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
He should call it Pre-Heat. Get it? Pre-Heat. (Ok, my corny joke of the day).

Visionary filmmaker Michael Mann has pulled a 180 on Hollywood. Mann has recently launched MICHAEL MANN BOOKS, which essentially will be his own farm team of writers that will focus on composing novels and intellectual properties with intent to bring them to both the small and big screen. 1995’s HEAT, which starred Robert DeNiro, Al Pacino, Ashley Judd, and Val Kilmer, set the film world on fire with it’s striking visuals and unbelievably intense action scenes. The cat and mouse story of a cop on the edge and an overtly diligent thief made such an impact on the film world that it’s still being used as a template for movies today. Christopher Nolan (director of THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY, INTERSTELLAR) said that he drew inspiration in his portrayal of Gotham City from HEAT in order "to tell a very large, city story or the story of a city."
As amazing as a film that HEAT was, will the fans of the movie want to read a prequel novel? Will Michael Mann’s striking images translate to paper? Can a story that inspired a movie inspire a book that still captivates? What do you think? LET US KNOW! Read more at: Michael Mann to pen HEAT Prequel, Fans Everywhere Rejoice!
Read more at: Michael Mann to pen HEAT Prequel, Fans Everywhere Rejoice!

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
tumblr_nay04yFz3V1sjhl3go1_500.gif

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I am interested in anything Mann does, I'd love to see a 'Thief' remake, before he's too old and out of the game.....I could never say he fell of as a director, I think he overplayed his hand writing some of his own scripts, or having to much influence upon then, but his work as a director has remained stunning, I think second only to Malik in terms of visual brilliance.