Michael Jackson- We're almost there (Appreciate thread)

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This man had 3 separate careers and they were all amazing.

Fronted a group with his brother as a kid, grew up and made classics with the next incarnation of the group then went solo and became the most famous human ever.
The second leg of his career is slept on teenage Mike a legend vocally.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
One of my favorite J5 songs :wow:

Another one that I never hear people talking about is

Simply classic Gamble and Huff production and they let a boy from Gary Indiana float over that Philly soul sound. Can only imagine how those old school kickbacks and skate parties went :ohlawd: when this shǐt came one.

Anyone affiliated with this man should’ve protected him at all costs because by 1985 he was already a target when he copped ATV (the catalog) put a bullseye on himself.

This right here is another deep album cut

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The second leg of his career is slept on teenage Mike a legend vocally.

And that leg is arguably the most crucial because even tho he lost the kid voice, he didn’t ruin himself with booze and drugs like so many child stars.

He left Motown with his brother and said fũck it, imma write and produce my own stuff. His teenage voice set the stage for Thriller and Bad. By the time he got in the Dangerous era he pushed that stuff aside and delivered a New Jack masterpiece.

Daps
I do. After he passed, I heard songs I'd never heard from him, the Jacksons and the Jackson 5 before. The songs he did in his upper teens are some of my favorites.

The ones in his teens were my favorites growing up. It used to amaze me that this was the same man singing Black and White that had all this soul back in the day. Legit had 7 year old me like :wtf: :ohhh:

I loved Mike's pop songs but his voice was BUILT for soul. :wow:

Daps
And that leg is arguably the most crucial because even tho he lost the kid voice, he didn’t ruin himself with booze and drugs like so many child stars.

He left Motown with his brother and said fũck it, imma write and produce my own stuff. His teenage voice set the stage for Thriller and Bad. By the time he got in the Dangerous era he pushed that stuff aside and delivered a New Jack masterpiece.

Can't give Mike credit for that. That was the incredible child rearing of Joe and Katherine Jackson. :wow:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Can't give Mike credit for that. That was the incredible child rearing of Joe and Katherine Jackson. :wow:

People love to paint Joe as this demon but he took his family out of a failing steel town and straight to Hollywood. Instead of whooping Tito’s ass for breaking his guitar string he said play me something (and then imma whoop your ass if it sucks lol)

But real talk, he made those kids into stars almost to a fault because the became their own men and he struggled to adapt. It worked out in the end.