Daps
Reppin
What?
IMG-6017.png

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Thats like 70% of the reason I used it :skip:
Originally, rapper MC Ren was set to play A-Wax, but later turned down the role when he joined the Nation of Islam in late 1992. MC Eiht replaced MC Ren's role as A-Wax. Rappers Spice 1 and Tupac Shakur were initially set to play Caine and Sharif respectively, but they were later fired, with director Allen Hughes stating that Shakur was causing trouble on the set. Shakur was angry for not being told why Sharif would turn Muslim. When Shakur was cast in the role of Sharif who, as described in the film was "an ex-knucklehead turned Muslim", he did not agree with how the character was written. While many of his rap music contemporaries were portraying roles similar to their gangsta rap personas, Sharif would have required Shakur to portray the character as a stoic & pious Muslim. According to MC Eiht, who played A-Wax in the film:

My take on it was, everytime we got ready to rehearse, he had an opinion about his character…He wanted them to write in the script WHY he turned Muslim...Show me why I turned Muslim and they wouldn't do it and that's what angered him...You're not just going to give people that ideal that Tupac is just this yeah you know, "preach my brother", fukk that![4]
Six months after the firing, Shakur assaulted Hughes, resulting in Shakur being found guilty of assault and battery.[5][6] Nonetheless, after Tupac's death, Allen Hughes praised the actor, stating "If 'Pac had been in the movie he would've outshined everyone.

Mr Bubbles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I caught Moonlight on BET like a year or two ago. It was alright. I thought his homeboy was a ghost after a while since no one else really talked to him after a certain point and he always showed up wherever dude was when he was alone.