Megalopolis Teaser- Francis Ford Coppola's grand last film

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
An accident destroys a New York City-like metropolis already in decay. Cesar, an idealist, aims to rebuild the city as a sustainable utopia, while the venal mayor, Frank Cicero, has other plans. Coming between the opposing men and their visions is Frank's socialite daughter, Julia. Tired of the attention and power she was born with, Julia searches for her life's meaning.

One of the greatest directors of all time selling 200mil of his own shyt in order to finance his last film? I'm in.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
This project has been interesting to follow, lol. Homie is treating it like a marquee blockbuster while studios are tip-toeing around the big elephant in the room knowing that something this niche will more than likely flop at the box office, and also wondering whether this would even garner any recognition come award season. Coppola is a beloved legend in the film industry, but he hasn’t had a hit in decades.

I could see MGM (Amazon) picking it up. Apple would be a good suitor for it, but I think they’re hesitant after Argylle flopping and Killers of the Flower Moon and Napoleon doing the same while also not picking up as many major awards as they thought. Francis, especially at his age, doesn’t strike me as someone who gives a shyt how much money this makes, but I know he wants to maximize the amount of eyes directed towards his passion project.

All that said, I’ll be there no matter what.

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
One of the dopest teasers in ages. They don't do them like this anymore in today's show he whole movie in 3 minutes era

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I've been hoping Coppola knocks it out of the park with this one. He's been working on it for so damn long and he's a legend, I wanna see him have one last dope movie.