Meet Mr. Maryland USA

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland

Trans woman wins Miss Maryland USA, making history with a list of pageant firsts

John-John Williams IV
6/7/2024 1:19 p.m. EDT
Updated 6/7/2024 3:32 p.m. EDT
AB64VQXUBJD4FJFBZAD4337IAQ.jpg
Bailey Anne Kennedy smiles with tears in her eyes as she holds a bouquet and wears a tiara and Miss Maryland 2024 sash. The previous year's winner adjusts her sash and other beauty pageant contestants smile and applaud behind her. (Anthony M. Gomes/Miss Maryland USA)
She’s 31. She’s married to a military officer.
She’s Asian-American. And she’s a trans woman.
When Bailey Anne Kennedy was crowned on Saturday as Miss Maryland USA, she broke almost every barrier that existed in the state’s pageant history. And she did it with her first pageant.
Now she will go on to make additional history as she vies to become the oldest and first trans Miss USA when she competes in Los Angeles on Aug. 4. Previously women over the age of 28 were not allowed to compete in the pageant. Trans women have been allowed to compete for the past decade.
Neither Kennedy nor Miss Maryland USA organizers could immediately be reached for comment.

full

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
U almost had me :mjlol:
I don’t believe transgender women should replace real women. This is insanity.

I have a similar opinion as JK Rowling when it comes to trans people.

They deserve to be happy and love who they want and dress how they want but they are NOT real women nor real men.

Daps
I don’t believe transgender women should replace real women. This is insanity.

I have a similar opinion as JK Rowling when it comes to trans people.

They deserve to be happy and love who they want and dress how they want but they are NOT real women nor real men.
At the bolded part - This is pretty much my opinion as well.