meal plan

nasty

Stunts, Blunts and HipHop
Supporter
Daps
I just started getting back into the weight room and been getting my fitness on. I go hard in the gym but only problem I don't know what to get or cook for the life of me. I need to get my nutrition game down or else there's no point. What should I cop from the grocery store and some simple healthy meals to supplement my strength training program?

nasty

Stunts, Blunts and HipHop
Supporter
Daps
What do you eat now?

i usually eat out or take home food that my mom makes which is usually unhealthy and not conducive to my regimen, i workout enough to where im not fat tho. I box, jiu jitsu, lot of strength and conditioning and now the weight room (squats and deadlifts) where I never really worried about my nutrition. I think it's about time to worry about that if I want to lower my body fat.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
i usually eat out or take home food that my mom makes which is usually unhealthy and not conducive to my regimen, i workout enough to where im not fat tho. I box, jiu jitsu, lot of strength and conditioning and now the weight room (squats and deadlifts) where I never really worried about my nutrition. I think it's about time to worry about that if I want to lower my body fat.
Ultimately you can make anything work. Big picture it's about the cals you need (or don't) towards your goal.

IMO you would better off establishing a caloric goal and then building a meal plan based on what you like to eat within that. The small caveat to that is making sure you are getting adequate protein a few times a day.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Ultimately you can make anything work. Big picture it's about the cals you need (or don't) towards your goal.

IMO you would better off establishing a caloric goal and then building a meal plan based on what you like to eat within that. The small caveat to that is making sure you are getting adequate protein a few times a day.

Mind posting some examples breh? If it ain't a problem. :hamster:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
I'm talking grams 20-30 generally speaking 3-4 times a day.

in what form, supplements? Food? Forgive me, I'm like beginner status when it comes to this shyt but I'm trying to learn/do better.

Daps
My protein is mostly fish (tuna, salmon, occasionally seabass) / turkey mince & breasts & bacon / chicken breasts / free from protein snacks / eggs occasionally. Recently trying out protein cereals in the morning - almond milk always.

Carbs are brown / wild rice, sweet potatoes, oats, granola

Vegetables with every meal... A lot of fruit daily. And water of course. 3 litres daily, which is nothing

You can start off with just rice / potatoes / breads and a protein source for meals 4-5 a day. Breakfast > Lunch > Meal > Dinner stereotypically ... you could throw in another meal if necessary