Me and @SchoolboyC tried to tell ya'll about Marcus Smart

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
The breh @SchoolboyC was up on it since the beginning, shout out to him. But we have been telling ya'll that Marcus Smart being on the Celtics was the reason why the Celtics never won a championship, not the only reason, but the absolute main reason. This isn't a Marcus Smart hate thread, he's a great dude. But that trade had to be done

Smart gives and he takes

His biggest issue is that he’s a role player that doesn’t think he’s a role player and he has bad habits that Brad Stevens enabled to the point of no return

Horrible shot selection, flopping, reckless passes.

I’m convinced the Celtic fans that stan him have Stockholm Syndrome

Him hitting a clutch shot means little to me because the bricks he threw up prior probably contributed to why they were down to begin with

He’s a championship role player in theory

Majority of this forum doesn't watch Celtics games. They see the highlights of Marcus Smart "showing heart" rallying from being down 15, not knowing Marcus Smart was the main reason the Celtics were down 15 in the first place

On a general scale yes, but this team never needed Marcus Smart to have an identity is the point. People grossly overestimated his value

Marcus Smart was never a leader, only the loudest one in the room

And most tenured in the room

Brad Stevens enabled a lot of bullshyt from him

I was DONE with him after these two moments. Absolutely done. Constantly taking the ball out of Tatum and Brown's hands to make hero ball shots and low IQ plays over and over again

And to see Derrick White completely lap him both offensively and defensively, for him to be riding the bench while a role player who thought he was a Big 3 with The Jays continued to time after time sink the team. That hurt

But him being on the team helped the Celtics get Porzingis, so there's a positive in everything. Thank you Brad Stevens for finally pulling the trigger :blessed:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Stole Robert Williams DPOY :unimpressed:

Fe_bHPmX0AAz8Hk.jpg:large

:francis::russ::mjlol:

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
I was wrong about Marcus, gave us a lot of great hustle plays and defense but his offensive shortcomings and decision making late in games was holding the team back. He wanted to be too involved offensively when he could’ve just played the 2024 Jrue Holiday role of shooting when open.

Him being off the team gave D white an expanded role and the Jays more opportunities down the line, he brought us Porzingis and 2 first round draft picks as well.

This almost lost us Game 7.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The breh @SchoolboyC was up on it since the beginning, shout out to him. But we have been telling ya'll that Marcus Smart being on the Celtics was the reason why the Celtics never won a championship, not the only reason, but the absolute main reason. This isn't a Marcus Smart hate thread, he's a great dude. But that trade had to be done

I was DONE with him after these two moments. Absolutely done. Constantly taking the ball out of Tatum and Brown's hands to make hero ball shots and low IQ plays over and over again

And to see Derrick White completely lap him both offensively and defensively, for him to be riding the bench while a role player who thought he was a Big 3 with The Jays continued to time after time sink the team. That hurt

But him being on the team helped the Celtics get Porzingis, so there's a positive in everything. Thank you Brad Stevens for finally pulling the trigger :blessed:

Fredo + Marcus smart =
Fred-Mark smart

marcus smart one of those.

I am smart face ass goofies.

Ever since smart over thought.
being rhe number one pick in the draft. To go back to school.

I knew then
sumfin was off about dude.

Art Barr