Mayor Eric Adams: King of NY Official Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
How will @storyteller explain this :dwillhuh:

Matter of fact @KnickstapeCity

The mess that got that fool in office was wild. You had NYC media fearmongering about crime rates and linking them to Bail Reforms that weren't even applicable to the crimes; well-positioned politicians to Adams' left seemed like they were holding off on hopes that Hochul would slip up and the governor's seat would be open; and splitting on the progressive side because Wiley, Garcia, and faux-progressive Yang were all chasing votes. NYC Progressives dropped the ball hard this cycle, no excuses, just a lot of screw-ups.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Also in the last election ranked choice voting was the reason he almost lost, Adams went from an 87000 vote lead on Kathryn Garcia to winning by just 7000 votes in the final round.

That's for correcting the bad faith posters again. The way they just make shyt up is fukking wild.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The mess that got that fool in office was wild. You had NYC media fearmongering about crime rates and linking them to Bail Reforms that weren't even applicable to the crimes; well-positioned politicians to Adams' left seemed like they were holding off on hopes that Hochul would slip up and the governor's seat would be open; and splitting on the progressive side because Wiley, Garcia, and faux-progressive Yang were all chasing votes. NYC Progressives dropped the ball hard this cycle, no excuses, just a lot of screw-ups.
Crime rates were up though. It’s just that now they’re down and people claim it was fearmongering. Pick an argument.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Crime rates were up though. It’s just that now they’re down and people claim it was fearmongering. Pick an argument.

I pointed out that it was fearmongering at the time because the crimes that were being tied to Bail Reform weren't eligible for the Bail Reforms.
Crime rates were up basically everywhere and it was pretty obvious that the pandemic and lockdowns were having a big impact on the numbers and as things moved back toward normal, the trends are reversing.

Weren't you gassing this guy as presidential material :mjlol: .

Edit: Yup, here's an old post from me addressing both these things.

Dude isn’t even a Trojan horse, he’s pretty blatant with appointing corrupt officials and overhyping a crime wave that’s more to do with record lows and pandemic problems than anything (it’s just his excuse to empower the same piece of shyt cops that harassed the fukk outta everyone I knew growing up).

Nap’s “this guy is predsidential material” thread has a bunch of links to the first batch of warning signs about this dude. Ironically it’s a bunch nyc heads posting concerns.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Since that doesn't have the slightest relevance to our exchange about ranked-choice voting, this is yet another example of bad faith posting.
I support ranked choice voting.

You endorsed a view saying copaganda got him elected. What are you replying to? And this tone policing isn’t an answer.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I support ranked choice voting.

Which is neither here nor there.

You endorsed a view saying copaganda got him elected. What are you replying to? And this tone policing isn’t an answer.

WTF does that have to do with the comment that you quoted me on? I was responding to @nyknick saying:

Also in the last election ranked choice voting was the reason he almost lost, Adams went from an 87000 vote lead on Kathryn Garcia to winning by just 7000 votes in the final round.

Tell your boss to make sure that the previous guy finishes out his conversations before the next one comes on shift, cause y'all always get lost as fukk every time you clock in and clock out.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You said I was referencing ranked choice voting when I quoted what you said about the crime wave that elected Eric Adam’s.

I was referring to @88m3, not you, dumbass. :laff:

And you were the one who quoted me first, not the other way around. I guess you just assumed that "bad faith posters" meant you. Hit dogs holler, as they say.

Like I said, y'all need to coordinate shift changes better so you don't get lost in the middle of conversations. :ufdup: