BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Nope.

It won't be Stringer.

Believe it or not Cuomo has a better chance than Stringer.

I'm telling y'all, Eric Adams probably isn't going anywhere and the Dems have no one to blame but themselves.

RCV + Identity Politics = Eric Adams

You reap what you sow
You from NYC? Because if you are you wouldn’t even put Cuomo’s name in your gums :mjlol:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Won’t be much longer until stop and frisk is back in play.

They're already doing it.

A decade after the New York Police Department’s stop-and-frisk tactic was deemed unconstitutional, the police are still unlawfully stopping and searching many people, particularly men of color, according to a new report issued Monday by a court-appointed monitor.

After analyzing a random sample of stops by Neighborhood Safety Teams in 10 precincts, the monitor found that “more than 97% of the people encountered were Black or Hispanic,” with approximately 93% being men, according to the report.

A quarter of the frisks lacked reasonable suspicion and a third of the searches lacked legal basis, according to Denerstein.

Out of 230 car stops, two turned up weapons and another two stops recovered contraband that the monitor team wasn't able to identify, according to the report.

“First-line supervisors are not identifying and correcting improper stops, frisks and searches, and oversight by the precinct command and the department is similarly lacking,” the monitor said.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
You from NYC? Because if you are you wouldn’t even put Cuomo’s name in your gums :mjlol:
I am currently at 2 Metrotech at work right now.

That's how serious I am. Just told you where I work.

Eric Adams is likely not going anywhere.

Anyone to his left, DOES NOT HAVE A SHOT.

Full stop.

Scott Stringer, Jumaane Williams... y'all are doing a lot of wishful thinking.

Even Kathy Garcia, who works for Hochul, is not coming to save you.

Barring the FBI exposing him for some sort of mass corruption, it is unlikely this man leaves office next year.

That's just the facts. RCV means unless there is a true coalition of civic groups and actual grassroots work, he will not lose that election.

Also, I've gone on record saying that Eric Adams is a dumb c00n and one of the worst mayors in my lifetime but feel free to believe that my reality check is an endorsement of that dumbass.

I told nikkas he was a grifter before he was even sworn in and they didn't listen then, still ain't listening now.

Last edited:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I am currently at 2 Metrotech at work right now.

That's how serious I am. Just told you where I work.

Eric Adams is likely not going anywhere.

Anyone to his left, DOES NOT HAVE A SHOT.

Full stop.

Scott Stringer, Jumaane Williams... y'all are doing a lot of wishful thinking.

Even Kathy Garcia, who works for Hochul, is not coming to save you.

Barring the FBI exposing him for some sort of mass corruption, it is unlikely this man leaves office next year.

That's just the facts. RCV means unless there is a true coalition of civic groups and actual grassroots work, he will not lose that election.

Also, I've gone on record saying that Eric Adams is a dumb c00n and one of the worst mayors in my lifetime but feel free to believe that my reality check is an endorsement of that dumbass.

I told nikkas he was a grifter before he was even sworn in and they didn't listen then, still ain't listening now.
Btw i hate metro tech.. Chics in there ghetto as hell lol

Adams pro will get re-elected because he will have the PBA behind him.. He’s a NYC guy and former cop.. also he gave them a new contract.. Notice you never hear the PBA talking shyt about Adams or his administration publicly like they did Deblasio and Bloomberg ..

I only said Adams might get bushed is because of him jumping out the Window talking about migrants and nyc a sanctuary city..

But Adams got the Jew engine behind him

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

Hochul deploys National Guard, state police to do mandatory bag checks in NYC subway​

MTA Chair Janno Lieber and Gov. Kathy Hochul stand in an accordion section linking two train cars.

Soldiers from New York’s National Guard are coming to a subway station near you, Gov. Kathy Hochul announced on Wednesday.

Hochul, a Democrat, said 750 of the National Guard members — as well as state and MTA police officers — will be sent to busy stations to check riders’ bags as part of a new crackdown on transit crime.

During a news conference, the governor said the deployment aims to put passengers at ease after a string of high-profile violent crimes in the city’s transit system.

She said that if a rider is stopped, they'll have to consent to a bag check in order to enter the station. While they can refuse, they'll be barred from entering if they do so.

“They can refuse,” she said. “We can refuse them. They can walk.”

The soldiers will be deployed from a National Guard unit called the Joint Task Force Empire Shield. Hochul's office confirmed they will be dressed in camouflage while they check bags.

Hochul and her office teased the new plan earlier this week and promised to deploy additional state personnel to the subways to supplement Mayor Eric Adams’ plans to station an additional 1,000 NYPD officers there.

She offered more detail on Wednesday and put forward a multipart plan centered around the increased bag checks.

The governor’s plan calls for the passage of a new bill that would allow judges to prohibit someone from riding public transit for three years if they’ve been convicted of assaulting a passenger. But that would require approval from the Democrat-led state Legislature, which has not yet weighed in.

Hochul denied any suggestion that the increased bag checks resembled the NYPD’s controversial stop-and-frisk policies, calling it an “absolutely different dynamic.”

“For people who are thinking about a gun or knife on the subway, at least this creates a deterrent effect,” she said. “They might be thinking, 'You know what? It just may not be worth it, because I listened to the mayor and I listened to the governor and they have a lot more people who may be checking my bags.'”

The governor declined to say how long the random checks may be in place.

“I’m not going to telegraph to would-be criminals the date this may stop,” she said. “That is not a good strategy for protecting the public.”

Hochul also said the MTA is in the process of deploying more cameras on the subway, including one in every train car. She said the person who slashed a conductor in the neck on the A line last week — who remains at large — would have been caught if there had been a camera in the train car.

Transport Workers Union Local 100 President Richard Davis, who last week criticized MTA officials over the attack on the conductor, said in a statement that MTA Chair "Janno Lieber and MTA honchos are late to this conversation."

"For months, we have been sounding the alarm about the terrifying acts of violence and aggression afflicting our members as they simply look to move riders safely through the city," Davis said. "And for months, we have been ignored and our calls for action disregarded. As a result, riders and workers alike have suffered."

NYPD data shows that while subway crime decreased by 2.6% last year from 2022, more people were assaulted on the transit system in 2023 than any other year since at least 1996. And data from January shows the NYPD reported a 46.7% increase in subway crime from the same month in 2022.

Danny Pearlstein, a spokesperson for the advocacy group Riders Alliance, said in a statement that the governor's move was "well-intentioned" but "more likely to increase the perception of crime among people who don't ride public transit than to protect the millions of riders and workers on platforms and trains each day."

Pearlstein urged officials to invest more in "housing, healthcare and other critical social services to address the root causes" of violence across the city.
The nonprofit New York Civil Liberties Union also criticized Hochul's plan, calling it "overreaction and overreach."

"These heavy-handed approaches will, like stop-and-frisk, be used to accost and profile Black and Brown New Yorkers, ripping a page straight out of the Giuliani playbook," NYCLU Executive Director Donna Lieberman said in a statement, referring to the city's former mayor. "Today’s announcement fails to address longstanding problems of homelessness, poverty, or access to mental health care."

As part of her announcement, Hochul said she will expand so-called SCOUT teams, which are made up of mental health experts and police officers who reach out to people with severe mental health issues on city streets and in the subways.

The city and state launched the teams as a pilot program, but Hochul said she plans to spend $20 million to expand the initiative by the end of 2025. The MTA reported on Wednesday that the SCOUT teams have in the last 75 days put 15 people into the hospital involuntarily, provided medical treatment to another 15 people and placed 45 people into Safe Haven shelters.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Btw i hate metro tech.. Chics in there ghetto as hell lol

Adams pro will get re-elected because he will have the PBA behind him.. He’s a NYC guy and former cop.. also he gave them a new contract.. Notice you never hear the PBA talking shyt about Adams or his administration publicly like they did Deblasio and Bloomberg ..

I only said Adams might get bushed is because of him jumping out the Window talking about migrants and nyc a sanctuary city..

But Adams got the Jew engine behind him
Corporate Money

Every one of his Commissioners were carefully selected just because of this.

He has money coming from EVERYONE... hospitality industry, the delivery apps, non-profits who are funded by billionaires (Mark Gorton, et al).

Get rid of RCV or we're gonna keep going through this again and again.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

Kids ‘Eating More’ Blamed for School Cafeteria Cuts, NYC Budget Boss Says​

Mayoral budget director Jacques Jiha testifies before the City Council about reversing some cuts in the executive budget.

New York City slashed popular items like chicken tenders, dumplings, and cookies from cafeteria menus in February because too many kids were eating, a city official said Monday.

Jacques Jiha, director of the Office of Management and Budget, offered the surprising explanation at a City Council budget hearing in response to questions from Education Committee chair Rita Joseph pressing officials about why “high demand items are being swapped for heat-and-serve options.”

“Bear in mind, the city made some significant investments in school cafeterias,” Jiha said, referring to a $50 million initiative to upgrade middle and high school cafeterias to make them resemble food courts – a project explicitly designed to increase student meal participation.

“So what you end up with, you have a lot of kids hanging out in cafeterias now and eating more and more and more and more,” Jiha continued. “So therefore what they did was, they basically cut some of the items from the menu … because more kids are eating.”

A school food staffer told Chalkbeat in January that the items removed from the February menu were among the pricier offerings.

The menu cuts have already had significant effects – both on kids who were crushed to lose their favorite lunch foods and on manufacturers struggling with the loss of business.

Jiha claimed that the menu trimming was not the result of a budget cut. The $60 million in city funding slashed from the Office of School Food and Nutrition Services in November as part of a sweeping, citywide budget cut ordered by Mayor Eric Adams, was “swapped” for $60 million in new federal funding, Jiha said.

But critics say the city still hasn’t provided a satisfactory explanation for why the midyear menu reductions were necessary if the budget wasn’t cut.

school_lunch_1.jpg

“The City’s November 2023 budget documents included a clear $60 million cut to school food operations,” said Rachel Sabella, the Director of No Kid Hungry New York, in a statement. A budget update in January included the same figure, and the cuts to the February menu “followed soon after, removing higher-priced items that kids loved and that contributed to higher participation–like burritos, dumplings, and French toast sticks.

“If the cut has now been filled with federal revenue … we look forward to seeing the budget updated accordingly,” she added.

An Education Department spokesperson previously told Chalkbeat that costs went up because of a 9% increase in student meal participation compared to last year and rising expenses in unspecified other areas.

But food manufacturers who spoke to Chalkbeat in January said that’s not a convincing rationale for making major menu cuts in the middle of the school year, since the Education Department has significant power to set its own prices, and costs are largely set before the start of the school year.

And when Education Department officials were asked directly about the possibility of menu reductions in January, they appeared to blame the mayor’s budget cuts.

“We are going to have to cut back a little bit due to the [cut],” said Chris Tricarico, senior executive director of the Office of Food and Nutrition Services in a January meeting with the Chancellor’s Parent Advisory Council. “As all agencies had to reduce a little bit, we’re going to have slight reductions to the menu as far as choices.”

Jiha said the city is currently “modifying the budget and adding federal resources” to support school foods. But when pressed on why that wasn’t translating into the restoration of slashed cafeteria menus on the ground, Jiha said only that Joseph could “trust what I’m saying to you.”

An Education Department spokesperson didn’t respond to questions about if and when any of the axed items would return. There are some minor changes in the March school cafeteria menu compared to February, including the addition of mozzarella sticks as a daily backup options for food court cafeterias.

But many of the big-ticket items axed in February like french fries, chicken tenders, cookies, and chicken dumplings, still don’t appear on the March citywide menu.